A Glimpse at My Art collection... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A Glimpse at My Art collection...

Options
FunWithChemo
FunWithChemo Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi, all. I am a book and art collector. I have a few thousand books - never actually counted them but my home is full of books. We bought an additional 40 feet of floor-to-ceiling bookshelves when we moved into our new home about 12 years ago and they are all full. I like to collect art with a "book theme". I will give a couple of examples below. Enjoy!

Pino - Serendipity signed, limited litho on paper with a book theme. she holds a book on her lap. This hangs in my library

Gary George - Gone With The Wind - signed, limited litho on paper. GWTW is one of my favorite books.

Sculptor Martin Duque is an artist born in 1967 in Madrid. I own a small Infant Girl of Velazquez which sits on my bookshelves

I am a huge fan of Bettie Page and have a few pieces featuring her. This is by Olivia and has a suede matt. It hangs in my home office

This is by an LA artist. signed, limited on cardstock

This work is by Howard Behrens. It is signed, limited with inpainting by the artist. It is called "Tribute to Monet"

I have a couple of pieces by one of my favorite artists - Colleen Ross. This is The Two of Us - signed, limited on paper

Next, also by Colleen Ross is Unforgettable signed, limited on canvas

The impending arrival of night is personified by a nude in a sinuous pose, holding her hair away from her face to reveal a downcast countenance. A crescent moon and stars surround her feet. “Descending Night” is the pendant to “Rising Day,” a winged male figure in an upward-soaring pose. Monumental versions of the works adorned outdoor fountains at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, held in San Francisco in 1915. Located casts vary significantly in surface color. Artist: Adolph Alexander Weinman (American (born Germany), Karlsruhe 1870–1952 New York). Approx 36 inches tall bronze

Annie Adkins - Antelope Canyon signed, limited on paper

I also have a Klimpt poster that I framed nicely many years ago. I saw the original at the de Young Museum in San Francisco not too long ago.

I love to surround myself with beautiful things. I hope you enjoy a look at some of the pieces I hold dear.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.