Hi, my name is Cartini! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Cartini!

Options
Cartini
Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
Hello everyone,

I`m Andy and have spent many weeks in the background reading responses to questions on this forum; I`ve decided that it`s only fair to join so that I can thank all contributors for their input.  Thank you for your comments, some don`t apply to me but are, nonetheless, interesting because I see "challenges" from another perspective.

I`m ex-Royal Navy and was medically discharged with lumbar & cervical spondylosis in 1998 after 20 years' service (giving my age away now ;-)).

Over the years my spondylosis has progressively worsened, so much so that I have recently applied for PIP (I`ll make a comment on my PIP "experience" in the correct area, not here).  The worsening of my spondylosis is what has brought me to look at disability forums on t`internet.

Thank you,

Andy

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @cartini :) Thank you for introducing yourself, and telling us a little about your life so far. I'm sure that you experienced a lot through being in the Navy! How are you doing today?

I'm sorry to hear that your spondylosis has worsened over the years, but I'm glad that reading through posts on the community has been helpful to you. Is your doctor supportive in helping you to manage the symptoms?

Please do feel free to make a separate post about PIP in our PIP category if you have any questions. If you need some help navigating the community, please just let us know. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Cartini
    Options

Hi Tori,

Thank you for your welcome.

I`m good thank you, if still half asleep.

Unfortunately, because of my military mind-set, I only involve the Drs when absolutely needed; and that has been recently.  So, in fairness to the Drs, they haven`t had the chance to be supportive.   They are, however, very loath to give out effective pain relief in that they have prescribed Amitriptyline (30mg) per night which doesn`t touch my spondylosis during the day, but my giddy aunt it doesn`t half make me sleep!

Andy

• Cartini
    Options
    Hi Teddybear12,

Thank you.

Andy
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Cartini welcome to the group.
    Think you'l find a few of us with the same condition.
    Joining this forum was the best thing i've ever done online, lots of advise and friendship.

Look forward to seeing you around 
  • Cartini
    Options
    Hi SueHeath,

Thank you.

Andy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.