Hi, my name is Aaaaa17! Had my assessment last week, just had a call saying they need to speak to me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Aaaaa17! Had my assessment last week, just had a call saying they need to speak to me

Options
Aaaaa17
Aaaaa17 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I had my telephone assessment last Wednesday 4/5/22 just had a call saying they need to speak to me and would I be free around 4pm. As anyone else had this happen? If what was the outcome? 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Aaaaa17

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us and I hope you are well.

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category which you might like to browse for related threads. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, they might just need to ask you some further questions to help them come to a decision on your claim.

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m sure you’ll find it to be a positive outlet, feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes they need to ask further questions because they may not have got enough of information during the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello @Aaaaa17. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

I can hear you are feeling nervous about having a call saying they need to speak to you. Honestly, I don't have personal experience with this but I am sure our wonderful community members will have that can share their outcomes with you.

Wishing you all the best of luck with speaking to them! How do you feel the telephone assessment went? If we can do anything to support you through this, please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Aaaaa17
    Options
    Good evening thank you all for your comments I’m so sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve not been very well. 

They called me back the following day to say that they needed to ask/clarify a question but they was having technical problems there end so would ring me the following day, my anxiety was struggling as they left me until almost 5pm that following day to ask and clarify two questions for the report for the decision makers. This was on the 12/05 I’ve not received a text message to say the decision makers have received my report yet. But was told it could take up to 8weeks for a decision I was told that on the 4/5/22.

Thank you all for your help it’s very much appreciated. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Aaaaa17 thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling well, are you better now?

I have seen that some people never receive the text, but hopefully things are underway for you. We'll be here to support you whenever you need it, even it's just for a chat to help you feel less stressed. 

I hope you get the outcome you're hoping for, remember you've done everything you need to, so try to relax in the meantime :)

Alex
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Aaaaa17
    Options
    Thank you for your prompt reply Alex. I’m ok just in a lot of pain multiple joint pain from oa, waiting for a call back from my gp regarding pain management. Fingers crossed first thing tomorrow I receive the call.

I will keep you updated In hope it helps other in this anxious times. 

Angela.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes report are sent to audit, if this happens it delays the report being returned to DWP. It’s nothing for you to worry about, it just means they are checking the assessor did their job correctly. It can delay the decision making process too. Once the report is returned decisions can take up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome @Aaaaa17, I'm glad you've been able to contact your GP, hopefully they can help with your pain management as soon as possible :) 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Aaaaa17
    Options
    Good morning all hope you are all well.

Just a little update I’ve received a text message this morning saying they have received the written report now, that’s three weeks one day since my telephone assessment. I’m very nervous as they state on the message saying that I should hear from them with a decision within eight weeks. 

Angela 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Just so that you're aware because of backlogs decision timescales are anything up to 12 weeks, rather than 8. They tell everyone 8 weeks and then if a decision isn't made within this time some people start panicking
  • Aaaaa17
    Options
    Thank you poppy. I’m just glad they have received it but on the other hand nervous and anxious but I will leave it ten weeks if I’ve not heard anything by then I might just give them a call. 

Thank you everyone for your help and support.

Angela 
  • Aaaaa17
    Options
    Good morning all, just a little update, today I woke up to a text message saying I had been awarded pip it stated the decision letter could take up to two weeks to arrive, I’d doesn’t say which level of pip I’ve been awarded tho or when the payments will be made. 

Have a lovely day everyone.

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww yey that's good news <3 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.