Another lost friend. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Another lost friend.

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,744 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2022 in Coffee lounge
Some of you may remember we lost a number of friends last  year over a short period, sadly have to report that a good friend and neighbour took his own life yesterday, his husband passed away last year and it seems it all got too much for him. :'(
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Very sad news @woodbine. I'm sorry to hear this, and I hope that you and SM are both doing okay. 

If anyone reading this is struggling with suicidal feelings, please remember the following organisations are there to support you:
    • Samaritans: call 116 123, or email jo@samaritans.org.uk
    • SHOUT: text SHOUT to 85258 to speak to someone over text message
    • CALM: call 0800 58 58 58, or use their live chat service (open 5pm - 12am)
    Please also remember that you should always call 999 or visit A&E in the case of an emergency, including if you don't feel able to keep yourself safe.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Commiserations @woodbine, sad to hear.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    Options
    @Teddybear12 we are ok but grief stricken if I'm honest it was so unexpected, we thought he was dealing with it quite well but sadly we were wrong.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this sometimes people don't say anything and make out they are ok sadly it happens  hope you are copeing and SM he is at peace now  even though that's no consulation sometimes losing someone so close can become unbearable  my thoughts are with you x
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,776 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's sad @woodbine it's a shame, we never know what people are going through, when they seem OK.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear this @woodbine very sad for you both.
    There is a saying about always being nice to people because you don't know what they are dealing with.

A virtual hug for you both and my thoughts are with all who knew the person xx
  • woodbine
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words of support xx

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news hope you and sm are OK 

People who are struggling often cover it up with a brave face so sad he didn't reach out.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that. It’s always sad losing a friend. I agree that people often cover things up, people that take their own life often seem fine outwardly. The ones that shout and scream “I’m going to do it” are usually lying but sadly they get all the professional help, the ones that really need help like your friend don’t get any when they needed it most.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,878 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to read this, i hope you will be ok given time, take care
  • Victor
    Victor Community member Posts: 634 Pioneering
    Options
    @woodbine Sorry to hear that.... Please pass on condolences to his family...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.