If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

People on pip to not get £650 universal credit payment

Options
bobby123
bobby123 Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Anyone know if it's true people on pip won't get the £650 universal credit payment

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Not unless they claim a qualifying means tested benefit like Universal Credit/Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support. You can see all the current details here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cost-of-living-support/cost-of-living-support-factsheet-26-may-2022
    Looking back at your threads because you're claiming UC then yes you will receive the £650 and the £150 if you're claiming PIP/DLA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hmm yes, this is the Sun newspaper. A very misleading heading there. If you read further down it does say the following..

Among those eligible for the help are those on Universal Credit and other means-tested benefits.

They will get a £650 one-off payment starting from July to help pay for things like energy, fuel and food, which have all risen in price in recent months.

Please read the link i posted above because it's far more accurate and reliable than a newspaper.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,802 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some people will obviously qualify for more than one payment, as Poppy says relying on a newspaper is never a good idea.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Read this and not The Sun. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    Read this and not The Sun. 

No need to be sorry, it happens to be all the time!
  • richardg
    richardg Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Options
    yes people on universal credit get the £650 help but people like me who dont get universal credit dont get it because I only get-pip and ESA income-based it is so unfair to people like me and many others 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    richardg said:
    yes people on universal credit get the £650 help but people like me who dont get universal credit dont get it because I only get-pip and ESA income-based it is so unfair to people like me and many others 
    ESA income based do get it. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    richardg said:
    Wrong.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cost-of-living-support/cost-of-living-support-factsheet-26-may-2022
    £650 one-off Cost of Living Payment for those on means tested benefits:
    • More than 8 million households on means tested benefits will receive a payment of £650 this year, made in two instalments. This includes all households receiving the following benefits:Universal Credit
    • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Child Tax Credit
    • Pension Credit

You will also get the £150 PIP payment and the £400 energy grant.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi all as i am new to benefits - i was granted PIP not long ago
    I had to apply for ESA because my sick pay has just finished at work (currently awaiting assessment on my health)
    I can not receive any means tested benefits.
    What will i receive please.
  • calcotti
    edited May 2022
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Hi all as i am new to benefits - i was granted PIP not long ago
    I had to apply for ESA because my sick pay has just finished at work (currently awaiting assessment on my health)
    I can not receive any means tested benefits.
    What will i receive please.
    The £150 for PIP claimants and the £400 energy rebate.

You say you cannot receive means tested benefits. To confirm, did you ever check entitlement to UC while on sick pay? 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Thanks calcotti yep done the checks - hubby gets his state pension and he also works 2-3 days a week.

• calcotti
    edited May 2022
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Thanks calcotti yep done the checks - hubby gets his state pension and he also works 2-3 days a week.
    So he will also get the extra £300 with the Winter Fuel Payment.
    That's a total of £850 between you (not counting the £150 already provided through local authority).
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Nothing to be sniffed at Calcotti - Thanks for reply.
  • rabbits1
    rabbits1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi there I'm new to this site I was trying find some answers as I'm abit confused about this £650 one off payment will I get it if I claim income related esa and PIP not sure 
    Many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    rabbits1 said:
    Hi there I'm new to this site I was trying find some answers as I'm abit confused about this £650 one off payment will I get it if I claim income related esa and PIP not sure 
    Many thanks 
    It both £150 and £650 claiming those benefits. 
    What’s not clear is if you live with others that are also claiming a qualifying means tested benefit, whether the £650 is per claim or per household.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.