If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Petrol £2 litre breached

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,802 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2022 in Coffee lounge
As the title £2 per litre has been breached for the first time (over £9 per gallon ) service station on the A1, petrol 202.9 diesel 204.9 story in link below;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-61730821
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m wondering how much it costs to run a horse per mile?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,083 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal we have relatives with horses and they are several hundred pounds per month for all the associated costs and they ride maybe 10 miles a few times a month. So for them looking at well over £10 a mile but obviously depends on how much you ride them :)

In comparison my car is approx £0.40 a mile (for everything not just fuel) :)
  • woodbine
    Options
    leeCal said:
    I’m wondering how much it costs to run a horse per mile?
    I know the farm opposite to where we live charges £70+ per week just to stable one horse, but we get lots of free manure !

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,710 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It makes me worry for th eknock on effect it has on everything else. All other prices will rise because things have to be transported etc.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,083 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Biblioklept yes people who don't drive or drive electric cars often smugly say it doesn't affect them but haulage companies are paying more for diesel so pass the cost onto the consumers!! Unless you literally buy no products at all and are entirely self sufficient then yes it does affect you!
  • woodbine
    Options
    Petrol/diesel is one of the mani drivers of inflation, sadly I think that we are going to see inflation rise to 10% and stay around that for around a year.

• emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    the petrol  breaching will effect everyone , i dont have a car but i still need food , water,electric , gas, shop use a bus the list goes on. everyone will be effected even electrick car owners.  but like during the worst of the covid when we had to stay in.  If enough people cut down or stopped buying petrol for a while. would the price of petrol start falling as people ditched there cars  like during the peak of covid price of petrol fell a bit ????
  • woodbine
    Options
    It's a possibility that if demand falls then the price might follow, but I suspect it might be a little more complicated in the medium term.

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,710 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The increase in just 1 year is just mad. Same with shopping :( 
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    I reply on my mobility car to leave the house. The high cost of petrol is having a massive affect on my financials. Having to use a credit card to afford to fill up and slowly getting into debt. With the increasing costs of gas, electricity and food this is not looking good for the future. The cost of living payments will help, short term. But what about if the prices stay high? I’m cutting back in leaving the house and trying to just use the car for medical appointments but it still costs more even for them. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.