Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision

Options
jessica141
jessica141 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Just wanted to share an anxious but positive outcome with pip as i know myself when applying all i was reading was alot of horror stories, so wanted to share a positive one...

I applied for pip on 31/01/22
They received my forms 21/2/22
Asessment 10/5/22
Dm Received my report 27/5/22
Text to say no decision yet 13/6/22
Text to say awarded pip 15/6/22 

So just waiting on letter now, i know from ringing i have been awarded what the assesor recomended in the report, this was my first time claiming and was for mental health,i have OCD,anxiety and depression. 

I had help filling forms in, i didnt really send any evidence off with form other than a drs permanent sick note and a letter from mental health.

I have put off claiming for years as i was afraid of the assesment, and being turned down, but i can honestly say people that are struggling and feel they could be awarded NEED to do it, and not be scared! I read alot of negative bad stories so i hope this gives you the motivation to do it :)
Tagged:

Comments

• zain2471
    zain2471 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options

Just wanted to share an anxious but positive outcome with pip as i know myself when applying all i was reading was alot of horror stories, so wanted to share a positive one...

I applied for pip on 31/01/22
    They received my forms 21/2/22
    Asessment 10/5/22
    Dm Received my report 27/5/22
    Text to say no decision yet 13/6/22
    Text to say awarded pip 15/6/22 

So just waiting on letter now, i know from ringing i have been awarded what the assesor recomended in the report, this was my first time claiming and was for mental health,i have OCD,anxiety and depression. 

I had help filling forms in, i didnt really send any evidence off with form other than a drs permanent sick note and a letter from mental health.

I have put off claiming for years as i was afraid of the assesment, and being turned down, but i can honestly say people that are struggling and feel they could be awarded NEED to do it, and not be scared! I read alot of negative bad stories so i hope this gives you the motivation to do it :)
    Hi I applied on 21st Jan for same conditions I've received my report it's all accurate but still waiting for decision I received a letter saying we got all the information we need to make a decision did you also receive this? And if so after how long did u receive that text after the letter 
  • jessica141
    jessica141 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I didnt receive a letter no, but from asessment report being sent to dwp to text saying i had been awarded it took 19 days :)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear good news @jessica141 Thank you 
  • woodstar1984
    woodstar1984 Community member Posts: 78 Connected
    Options
    @jessica141 regarding your quick outcome .......... I made a claim pip 25/02/2022...telephone consultation 16/06/2022... Report received same day ....message from DWP no decision made yet 1/07/2022 and I'm claiming for my personality disorder 
  • andysimpson2
    andysimpson2 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    congratulations on your positive outcome. What did the award text say?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Based on what others have said, the text message is very basic and says "you have been awarded PIP" it then tells you, you will receive the decision letter within the next 2 weeks. It doesn't tell you what the award is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Middleton
    Middleton Community member Posts: 137 Courageous
    Options

Based on what others have said, the text message is very basic and says "you have been awarded PIP" it then tells you, you will receive the decision letter within the next 2 weeks. It doesn't tell you what the award is.
    Different subject, but ive heard youre in the know so to speak...  Who do i ask for a copy of my report?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Middleton said:

Different subject, but ive heard youre in the know so to speak...  Who do i ask for a copy of my report?

I answered on your other thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/93116/health-assessment-notes-pip-assessment-carried-out-by-atos#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • andysimpson2
    andysimpson2 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    @poppy123456 you are always super helpful so thanks. What do you do? Is it benefits related?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @poppy123456 you are always super helpful so thanks. What do you do? Is it benefits related?
    Thank you! I advise on here in my free time. I also claim PIP and ESA myself. 
  • woodstar1984
    woodstar1984 Community member Posts: 78 Connected
    Options
    Hi there just got of the phone to pip after 1hr and I got this Pip disallowance does anyone know what this is about 
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2022
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.