RSD? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

RSD?

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
Has anyone heard of RSD before or anyone else here that has it? 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,683 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Googling reveals this
    ’Rejection sensitive dysphoria (RSD) is extreme emotional sensitivity and pain triggered by the perception that a person has been rejected or criticized by important people in their life. It may also be triggered by a sense of falling short—failing to meet their own high standards or others' expectations.’

Do you have this @Biblioklept?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Biblioklept
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I do, it's really common in those with ADHD! I just wondered if anyone else had heard of it. 

It's really hard to explain just how debilitating it is and how much it makes you question everything you do and every interaction you have. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I don't know if this will be readable and it's a simplified version focussed mostly on kids with RSD but it kind of explains some stuff if anyone is interested. If anyone's interested and can't read it I would be happy to copy out the text so please let me know sorry it isn't accessible 

• leeCal
    Options
    I can identify with some of those on the list myself. Also one of my sons exhibits those traits. I had selective mutism when I was a child, couldn’t speak to my peers, fine with adults mostly. 

Im sorry you have RSD @Biblioklept, it must make life very difficult indeed.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can also identify with the vast majority of that chart but I often wonder if these things are worded in such a way as to make us all think we can fit what they are saying?

Not taking anything away from the seriousness of the condition if anyone does suffer from it, and I’m sorry if anyone does feel in such a way as to identify with the points on the document, but I’m just saying I think a professional diagnosis is much more accurate than self diagnosis.
  • leeCal
    Options
    I think often it’s a question of severity @66Mustang. Often people will exhibit or identify with symptoms of various things but how severely those symptoms present makes the difference between average parameters or not.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• CoffeeFirst
    CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    @Biblioklept; My daughter suffers with ADHD and on researching the subject I came across RSD. It also explains why she struggles with anxiety as much as she does.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a really insightful thread! Thanks for initiating it @Biblioklept and thanks to everyone else for all your contributions. We all learn a lot from each other here  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.