Gateway interview — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gateway interview

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
I think I kind of know the answer already and just hoping to confirm my thoughts because UC are so adamant it's starting to make me question myself. 
I have LCWRA and work self employed reporting income and expenses each month. They've started to schedule appointments for me saying I need self employment interviews but as I have LCWRA I have no work requirements so they're not meant to assess gainful self employment. I also keep getting messages telling me I need to increase my earnings. 
My claimant commitment is correct so I don't know why I keep flagging on their system except maybe because of reporting earnings each month. 
Am I right that I don't need a gateway interview as I have LCWRA?

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Biblioklept thanks for your query, I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge to help answer at the moment, but I'll tag @Sue_Scope who might know, and is in later this week :)

Is there a way of contacting a work coach, or someone who helps manage your case, to explain what's happening? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thank you @Alex_Scope <3 I shouldn't have a work coach because of having LCWRA but there seems to be one assigned to me. My case manager sadly is pretty useless and has advised me wrongly basically through the entire claim. I've lost all faith in asking their advice or following their guidance, they just get everything wrong. I'm sure it isn't there fault and is a problem with the system and training and structure but it's so worrying how people will be missing out or wrongly paid because of it.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's frustrating to hear that you've been let down it the past, and as you say, it may well be down to training or the system structure, but it's not the experience that you or anyone else claiming LCWRA deserves really. 

Perhaps your work coach will know more? I'm not sure how often they (as in the DWP) review or change processes around certain benefits, but I'm sure there's a hopefully logical explanation. You'd just like to know what! :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your thoughts are spot on, you don’t have any work commitments because you’ve been found to have LCWRA. 
    It’s extremely frustrating when they don’t even know their own rules! Poorly trained is an understatement!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Thanks poppy23456! 
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Biblioklept - this must be so frustrating for you and you are completely correct and I can see that poppy has already helped you. 
    Online Community Adviser

• Angel212
    Angel212 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Biblioklept

sorry to jump on I just wanted to know did you have to attend the gateway interview in the end? 

Thank you 😊 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Hi @Angel212. Nope, I didn't!! <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.