Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Would I be entitled for the 650? Are there any other benefits I could claim?

Options
Georgie26
Georgie26 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Morning all... probably been asked a zillion times but I get pip...normal and higher rate for mobility. Would I be entitled for the 650.. also I own my own house I have no children and my partner works full time but I don't work are there other benefits I could claim for? 
Thanks for your time

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The £650 is for those on immense tested benefits like uc , esa , etc 

Those just on pip will get ,£150 paid in Sept as well as the £400 paid on your energy bill over 6 months from Oct 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,531 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Georgie26 said:
     my partner works full time but I don't work are there other benefits I could claim for? 

There's New style ESA but you haven't worked and paid the correct amount of NI contributions in tax years April 2019 to March 2021 then you won't be entitled to it.
    Universal Credit is the only other benefit but because it's means tested you will need to claim with your partner and both of your circumstances will be take into consideration. (if you live together) You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Georgie26 welcome to our great group.
    When your ready have a look around the site, any problems just ask some one is bound to be on the forum that can help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    janer1967 said:.. immense tested benefits like uc , esa , etc ..
    Typo which made me chuckle.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    it feels immense sometimes :D 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.