Video games causing nausea — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video games causing nausea

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2022 in Coffee lounge
Does anyone else get this? I always haven't been able to play certain games because I get motion sick and never found anything to help. But more and more I get nauseous playing.
Anyone found anything to help motion sickness??

I don't know what I'd do if I had to give up gaming :D 
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Biblioklept

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I'm a keen gamer myself, and while accessibility has been historically poor it is becoming increasingly more common to see settings that allow you to edit the way the game behaves to assist with situations like this.

In whatever game it may be, have you had a look through the settings menu for any accessibility options?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Honestly no, I change the movement and perspective on most things but not sure there's anything that can help more with motion sickness built into games. I will try out different settings and see if it helps.

What sort of games do you play @Ross_Scope?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry if there aren't any settings that can make it easier for you to play the game @Biblioklept, I guess if there aren't then regular breaks from the screen might be a good way of helping to ease any symptoms :) 

Because of my sight loss the kind of games I play is very reduced to more simple ones unfortunately. I enjoy playing games to a standard where I feel as though I'm good at them and these days most of the big titles aren't anywhere near accessible enough for me to do that. 

So I play a fair bit of Rocket League, sometimes FIFA, and games that are accessible like The Last of us Part 2 and Ratchet and Clank. I also play older games that I fully got to grips with before my sight loss got to the stage it is at the moment, they include Little Big Planet, GTA5, Uncharted, and others.

What about you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I've tried Rocket League but I struggle with the driving as it makes me very nauseous but I think that's just my driving not the game :D:D 

I mostly play mmos. I loved some of the older football managers but they add so many things to them now and it just gets too fiddly. 
    I'm mostly a laptop/PC gamer rather than console. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.