Hi, my name is Lovely1981! Can I contact DWP via email? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lovely1981! Can I contact DWP via email?

Options
Lovely1981
Lovely1981 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can someone advise me I’m half deaf due to chronic ear infection. Only I posted my reconsideration letter 9weeks ago . Only wondered is there a email address or something else you can contact dwp on. As I m to in pain with my ear to talk about there decision . Or shall I just wait . Will they write to me eventually. As I haven’t the energy to explain myself again . Thx 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,777 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's no email address for you to contact PIP. MR decision timescales are currently taking anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer. Once a decisions been made you will receive the decision letter.
    In the meantime if you need to ring them do you have someone that can do this for you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lovely1981
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi ok thx I do have help thx. I Didn’t agree with what the decision maker said about me . It’s quite upsetting when someone disregards what you tell them on purpose and scores you two Marks of for each part, mobility & daily living,  and also lye about who I am it on report . Quite appalling behaviour for a company who is meant to help people with disabilities 
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 746 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Lovely1981, unfortunately that seems to be DWP Policy
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Lovely1981 and welcome to the community :)

For future reference if you need to contact the PIP enquiry line and can't hear, you can use 'Relay UK' or the textphone to get in touch. 

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you're on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Do you feel like you're getting enough support to manage the pain that comes with your chronic ear infection at the moment? It sounds very frustrating and wearing for you. 

You are welcome to reach out for support here anytime you need to, and we can help you whatever the outcome of your PIP claim, by guiding and advising on the next steps you can take if you want to challenge the decision. 

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lovely1981
    Options
    Hi thx my claim for pip isn’t about my ear infection unfortunately it s about my foot condition I’ve had from birth congenital condition. I’ve asked Citezens advice for help which they have helped me with my  MR but I just wasn’t sure to ring as it says it all on my MR sheet . Just didn’t realise it take s this long as my working tax credit has come to hold, so I’m not earning anything at the moment. Didn’t want to claim another benefit until I heard back. As I didn’t want to loose my tax credits to, as I’m still employed I’m just not well at moment with my condition thx  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.