I'm really not happy with my assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm really not happy with my assessment report

Options
harri73
harri73 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I have received my copy of my telephone assessment and i am really not happy about it. The assessor has answered all the questions without even discussing alot of the topics with me and the topics she did discuss she has marked me down low point, eg. She marked me down as being able to prepare food, yet when it was discussed i told her that i tried to do preferation of food by using a perching stool i borrowed, but was unable to use it due to the pain i have. She has done this on most questions. She has given me minimum points, but then says she doesnt expect me to get better in the next 2 years. Sorry for the rant

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    She hasn't scored you any points, only a decision maker can do this. The report is a recommendation only. Though they mostly go with the report, it has been known for them to go against it.
    Before the decision is made they should look at everything you sent as well as the report.
    Just telling them you can't complete an activity because of pain, isn't enough. You need to go into detail of the reasons why you can't complete the activity.
    The assessment process isn't there for them to write what you said work for word. It's for them to gather more information to write the report. The report will be their opinion based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    Once the decision is made if you're not happy you can challenge that decision by first requesting the MR. Before doing this you should get some expert advice from an agency near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is the post I made for you @harri73- I hope you manage to find it :) 

There's no need to apologise. That does sound frustrating. Have you received your decision letter yet? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • harri73
    Options
    @Tori_Scope thank you for reply, no i have not received decision letter yet. Its just so frustrating reading the report and there is so much inconsistencies in it. She also says that i use equipment that i said i couldn't use due to the pain and i explained how that affects me. Nothing was discussed about taking journeys which i cant do on my own, yet she says i can. Its so annoying. Thanks again though
  • poppy123456
    Options
    This is the problem when you request a copy of the report before a decision is made. It cause more anxiety than you may have already been experiencing.
    What's the reason you're unable to plan follow a journey by yourself?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • harri73
    Options
    I get so upset and anxious trying to go anywhere on my own, this then make my physical pain worse so i start crying because of the pain which in turn makes anxiety worse because people see me crying. Does that make sense? I dont know how to explain it properly.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can't see you scoring any points for following and planning a journey here unless you suffer with overwhelming psychological distress. Unless you suffer from cognitive and sensory impairment and then it maybe possible to score points for this.
    If your pain causes you difficulties with walking then it would be moving around part of mobility you would need to look at.
    It helps to have some knowledge of what the descriptors mean. It can be easy to overscore yourself and at times to even underscore yourself with some activities.
    Have a look at this. https://pipinfo.net/
    If you're not happy with the decision once it's made, i'd urge you to get some expert advice.

• harri73
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456, I really do appreciate your help. Im sorry for moaning all the time.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No need to be sorry, you haven't done anything wrong. If an aid can reasonably be used then this is where the points will be scored, even if you don't usually use an aid. Whether it's possible to score points for needing prompting/assistance will depend on the reasons why you're unable to use an aid.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.