Ring doorbell? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ring doorbell?

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
Does anyone have a Ring doorbell or other video type doorbell? I panic so much when there's a knock on the door and just sit frozen until they've gone away. I wonder if being able to view who is there without having to go look or move or them to see me would help.
I can't figure out how they attach to the walls or if they need wiring etc? Does anyone have one? Would you recommend?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't have one myself @Biblioklept, but from what I've read I think there are different options for how they're powered. I think you can wire them to existing doorbell wiring, have them plugged into a nearby socket, or get a rechargeable battery powered one.

In terms of how they're attached to the wall, I think they often have an adhesive back. 

I believe @Ross_Scope may have some experience with this, so he might be able to help when he's next in :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    It would be good if they do have adhesive back, it's hard renting and not being able to make changes or put things up like that. Thank you I will look more into it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Yes, I find the same @Biblioklept. I use command strips to put up things like pictures. An adhesive back would probably be fine I think, so long as you were careful when taking it off :)

• Biblioklept
    Options
    My walls are probably like 50% command strip now :D I have them inside my cupboards and on most shelves too! I love them and never found them damage anything. 
    I recently found thin versions they make for posters (they don't have the velcro like the stronger ones) but they're lovely and unlike blutac don't leave horrible residue that's impossible to remove. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I respect that @Biblioklept :D I'll have to have a look into the thinner ones, as I haven't heard of those before and they sound handy. Blu Tack is a real pain to remove!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.