If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Problem answered

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,804 Disability Gamechanger
For a long time now on and off but constant in recent few months I have been having trouble with my eyes, affecting my vision and balance, GP dismissed it as side effects of and I quote him "the industrial amounts of medication I take:
A couple of years ago my optician mentioned in passing that I was starting to get cataracts, had an eye test today and they said that they were now five times worse in my left eye and only slightly better in my right eye.
As the NHS waiting list is well over 12 months they will refer me to a private hospital who will do the work on the NHS.
One big problem I hate anyone going near my eyes.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine having had my cataract surgery 2 weeks ago I would certainly say the very unpleasant 30 min surgery was worth the outcome 

My sight has improved significantly not perfect but thats down to other eye issues 

You can have it done under general anesthetic if you request as long as no issues with you having general 

I was put on NHS list as priority and only waited 3 months 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just to add as a normal they will only do one eye at a time . I only needed left doing as blind in other 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,574 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine it's good that you've been put faward for this op. Although not guaranteed,   it has a high success rate. As Jane says you might feel more comfortable having general anaesthetic. Good luck 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds like a good outcome @woodbine, good luck with the procedure. I have to agree with you about people going near my eyes, I even find the optician hard and that’s without any sharp objects.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.