Failed PIP, wasn’t paid ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed PIP, wasn’t paid ESA

Options
DD91
DD91 Community member Posts: 95 Connected
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I recently failed my telephone assessment I am going to do a MR one thing they mentioned was my ESA form and I didn’t get paid yesterday from ESA I also haven’t received any letters saying it was being stopped. I thought the two benefits were different and didn’t effect each other? I’m also wondering how I get the MR forms? Can I get them sent out as I don’t have a printer. Thank you for reading 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Afternoon @DD91 welcome to our great group.
    I am not up on this sort of thing, but we do have some brilliant members who know all about the benifit system so i am hoping one of them will pick up on this thread.
    In the mean time have a look around the site, any problems just ask.
    Categories might be worth looking into you might even find your answer there.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits. However, if your ESA included the Severe Disability Premium then because you no longer have a PIP daily living award then you will no longer be entitled to the SDP. So your ESA will be £69.70/week less than it usually is.
    You also said you didn't receive the ESA yesterday but it was Saturday and benefits are not paid on Saturdays, some banks release payment early if your payment day is usually a Monday. If you don't receive the ESA payment tomorrow then you will need to ring them to ask for a same say payment.
    For the MR request, you don't need the form because you can just write a letter stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    Include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exacetly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    You can then send the letter to the address on your PIP decision letter.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DD91
    Options
    Hi thank you I don’t receive SDP, I’m just a bit worried as I always get my ESA on Saturdays, Are they allowed to mention my ESA? I would also like to point out the points they gave me 0 on ESA gave me 2, I don’t understand them at all because nothing has changed 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes a PIP award stopping can suspend an ESA claim but it will just be an error. Although they are different benefits, some descriptors are similar.
    DD91 said:
    I would also like to point out the points they gave me 0 on ESA gave me 2,

Not sure what you mean by this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DD91
    Options
    Hi they said I didn’t get points because they said I can walk more than 200 meters but I can’t they said the ESA form said I can’t walk more than 10 minutes, ESA gave me 2 points for that but PIP gave me 0 why did they mention ESA? Sorry I’m not good at getting out what I mean lol 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes they do. Try to put that to one side now and concentrate on writing the MR letter.
  • DD91
    Options
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How do you feel about working on your MR letter @dd91

I can imagine this might all feel a bit overwhelming, so I'd recommend that you take it one step at a time, and take regular breaks. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • DD91
    Options
    How do you feel about working on your MR letter @dd91

I can imagine this might all feel a bit overwhelming, so I'd recommend that you take it one step at a time, and take regular breaks. 
    Hi thank you my mums best friend is going to help me, she’s been through similar with her late husband 
  • DD91
    Options
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DD91 said:
    Still no ESA!
    Ring ESA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    DD91 said:
    Still no ESA!

Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income Support, Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Telephone: 0800 169 0310
    Textphone: 0800 169 0314
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 169 0310
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet

Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges

https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus/existing-benefit-claims

• DD91
    Options
    Panic over I got it! They must have received their mistake 
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good afternoon @DD91 Phew thats a relief !  :)

How are you with doing a mandatory reconsideration for your PIP ? This link from citizens advice gives helpful information about requesting a mandatory reconsideration and explains how to give examples of showing how your conditions affect your ability to carry out the daily living and mobiltiy activites. 

If you dont feel confident about doing this yourself you may be able to get help from your local citizens advice or another similar orgainisation  details of which can be found in AdviceLocal. While you are on the forum do have a look around  you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category and you will some about challenging PIP decisons which you may find interesting.  You  can also meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • DD91
    Options
    Sue_Scope said:
    Good afternoon @DD91 Phew thats a relief !  :)

How are you with doing a mandatory reconsideration for your PIP ? This link from citizens advice gives helpful information about requesting a mandatory reconsideration and explains how to give examples of showing how your conditions affect your ability to carry out the daily living and mobiltiy activites. 

If you dont feel confident about doing this yourself you may be able to get help from your local citizens advice or another similar orgainisation  details of which can be found in AdviceLocal. While you are on the forum do have a look around  you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category and you will some about challenging PIP decisons which you may find interesting.  You  can also meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

Thank you, my mums friend has been a big help I’m waiting on medical records and she is going to sit with me and do the MR letter 
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Thats great.  I'm pleased you've got someone to help you through this but also remember you can keep in touch with us too! 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.