Hi, my name is swaincott! I have two hips waiting for opp — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is swaincott! I have two hips waiting for opp

Options
swaincott
swaincott Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I have 2 hips waiting for opp. And spinal stenosis feeling very low as I really can’t get about. Anyone feeling the same 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,720 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @swaincott welcome to the forum, when are you due to have your operation? Have you got support at home?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @swaincott and welcome to the online community :) How are you today?

Thank you for introducing yourself to us, and it's great to see that you have received a couple of replies above. I hope you have already seen that this community is full of lovely, welcoming people :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling really low at the moment. As above, I wonder if you have any support at home? Hopefully the wait for your operations isn't too long, do feel free to take part in the online community in the meantime, I'm sure it will help to ease any feelings of isolation you have :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • swaincott
    swaincott Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    My opps have been cancelled twice, I can’t bare the pain especially at night, I know this sounds awful but the only way I cope is wine in the evening something to look forward to but I also know it makes it worse. I’m lonely 
  • MillieMay
    MillieMay Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    Hi @swaincott
    welcome to the forum, so sorry you are in pain.
    Hope the surgery is soon.
    Hugs
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @swaincott and welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out about how your feeling and what's been happening with your hips. It must be immensely painful and frustrating for you. 

I'm also sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely. Do you talk to any loved ones or friends very often? 

You could contact 
    Samaritans, by calling 116 123 or emailing jo@samaritans.org if you need someone to talk to- they are there to listen and not to judge, anytime. 

The British Red Cross have a support line if you’re feeling lonely and want to talk to someone, their number is 0808 196 3651.

You might also like to try The Silver Line for information, advice or just for a chat, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Their helpline number is 0800 470 80 90.

Please don't be afraid to reach out here on the community if you'd like to as well. You can visit our Chronic Pain and Pain Management category to speak to members who might be going through similar things. Or head to the Coffee Lounge for a chat and some games.

If we can help with anything please let us know, and we'll do what we can to support you :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.