Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Pip Claim Questions

Options
Louxx
Louxx Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hello, 

I started a PIP claim in June. I had my phone assessment last week and requested the report which I received today.

Reading posts, I keep seeing people talking about “dots” on the page but I don’t have any only ticks in the descriptor boxes? 

Is this what I’m working the points out for? If so I believe the recommendation would be enhanced for both. 13 and 14 points. Is it likely the decision maker will disagree with this? 

Also I was told three different time frames by 3 different people. 12 weeks, 6 weeks and 3-4 weeks from receiving the report. 

How long between your assessor report being submitted did you get a decision? 

After the decision is that when you get payment? 

Sorry for all the questions

thank you  

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Allow 12 weeks for a decision from the issue of the report. If an award is made your payments will start with arrears due back to the date you started the first rang to start the claim.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • DD91
    DD91 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Options
    Mine was really quick I had a phone assessment on 5th August and had a decision letter on the 15th August 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.