Compliance Interview — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance Interview

Options
Alex260617
Alex260617 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
Hi Everyone, I had a message in my journal to say I had a compliance interview and needed to attend. It was a scary message but I did the call the day after and turns out they had an allegation that I was trading as self employed which turned out to be a malicious allegation. They wouldn't say who but I have an idea. I thought I'd let everyone know as the lady on the phone said these are being stepped up and most people who claimed UVC as Covid landed will have to have one so be prepared and don't worry :)

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I definitely agree checks need to be made to prove legitimate claims, if someone isn’t lying or withholding information they have nothing to worry about.
  • Alex260617
    Alex260617 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    Absolutely @bg844 they said they have a dedicated team to go through a certain percentage, I new I hadn't done anything but the letter is pretty scary and reading online makes it worse :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    Must be a relief that it was easily sorted @Awiddup13 and thank you for letting others know about your experience and what you were told.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AnxietyPlus
    AnxietyPlus Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    I too received a letter that I was receiving a phone call in January!.....Thank you God to make another disaster Christmas.
    I rang the number on the letter. Low and behold they answered. It turns out someone made an allegation that a friend who gets my groceries, prescriptions etc was living with me!!

What sort of scum are these people? Do they get a kick out of making sick people more ill? I am utterly disgusted and I really feel this should not be allowed......I have spent a week in bed, no bath, shower, nothing.......
    I thought the welfare system was to help those who have paid into the system to get the help they need...........Getting despicable allegations like these are beyond comprehension......

I'd like to add that the allegation against me was false, but.......I considered topping myself........I didn't, but, the people who ring the DWP should be held to account.....

I am hoping to try and pull myself together now......it's my birthday on Xmas day, so it was a double whammy if I hadn't phoned.

So, the point I am making is, take the bull by the horns, ring the number on the letter and sort it out sooner than later.  If I hadn't , I would not be here to tell the tale.... My best wishes to all who receive these letters.........

Happy Christmas
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @AnxietyPlus

Thank you for joining the community, and being here to share your story. It's very brave, especially when you are going through such frustration. 

I'm so sorry someone has made a false allegation against you and you have to not only go through that, but at Christmas and with your Birthday! is it a milestone one at all? 

I like your outlook of "taking the bull by the horns", it's something one of my favourite school teachers used to say to motivate us and it brought a smile to my face reading it again. 

We are always here if you need to chat, vent and help if you feel like you need that extra support. 

Merry Birthday! <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • AnxietyPlus
    AnxietyPlus Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Thank you Hannah for that lovely reply to my vent. I am still suffering but slowly getting to grips with who on earth informs the DWP of out and out lies......it is beyond me......

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @AnxietyPlus

If you need any help or just want to chat let us know, we will do our best to support you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.