Nicest things — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nicest things

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
I'm feeling like a grumpy pants today :D and though a thread on positive things might help perk me or anyone else up!

What is the nicest thing someone has done for you or that you've done for someone else?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's just the sweetest thing, I feel really emotional after reading it @Teddybear12 <3 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Teddybear12 that's so thoughtful to include your daughter this way 

Mine would be just after I became disabled one of tobys school friends parents took him to see dancing on ice with their family they bought his ticket and they all had takeaway after 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My Mum left her purse on the car roof at the petrol station recently and was about to drive off. The man behind knocked on the window waving the purse and gave it to her. I thought that was a lovely thing to do!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww, this is lovely to hear @66Mustang

Earlier in the week, someone provided me with a listening ear (and a box of tissues) and it was everything I needed. I am ok now but was really stressed.

Even the 'small' things really count when they are the things we need the most  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    When my husband was told he was terminally ill he went out and brought a TV box that would be easy for me to record on. He tried hard to set it all up as he knew I could not have coped with our existing set up. After he passed away my brother in law came and sorted it all out- my husband was so confused he wasn't able to manage to get it quite right. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bless you @easy sounds like it was a very hard time for you darling x
  • SBSpIMuleX
    SBSpIMuleX Scope Member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    a rather cute and fit young man paid for my lunch in subway recently when my new card got declined and the shop manager i volunteer for is like my best freind ever and we are always both there for each other and have a little cry or hug now and again and we tell each other things we dont even tell our family and when i only have 2 real mates and dont really get on with my parentss that means the world to me

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.