Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Just had my pip decison back

Options
Paulc94
Paulc94 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just had my pip decison back and never have I been so angry at the bunch of quite frankly [removed by moderator- profanity] pardon my language that this decision maker has written.  For reference I applied for pip because of my depression anxiety ADHD and possible eupd (at the time I wasn't aware I had been officially diagnosed with it because my psychiatrist told me when I last spoke to him that even tho he believes I have it he couldn't officially diagnose me until.ive seen the ADHD team turns out I do have it as I found out last week when I rang up my GP or more specifically I have traits of it). Never have I seen a bunch of lies as what this decision maker wrote  (based off the bs assessors report I'm sure)  one particular highlight being the fact that aoperently I said my medication (mirtazapine) was effective which is kinda funny considering when I spoke to a doctor about my mental health last week they upped.me to the maximum dosage. Just need to vent as this has **** me off big time (again sorry for my language) 

Comments

• Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh my goodness how horrible for you and no wonder you need vent.

I'm dreading having a medical due to examples of lies that people say their report states.

I pray that I have supplied enough medical evidence and described my difficulties and how my illnesses affect my every day life.

@Paulc94 I'm so sorry that you have experienced such a negative report.

I'm sure someone will come on and advice what you can do next.

I just cannot make sense of PIP and the point system tbh.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can challenge that decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. You need to do this within 1 month of the date of the decision. If you're outside of this timescale you must give your reason why you're late requesting it.
    Include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exacetly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    The most likely outcome of the MR is the decision will remain the same. If this happens you can request the Tribunal.
    Timescales of MR decisions are between 2-12 weeks. You can also get some expert advice from an agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CharlieRose256
    CharlieRose256 Community member Posts: 68 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Paul

First, I want to say how sorry I am you’ve have this experience, I understand how frustrating it can be when it feels like you’ve not been listened to, I had the same issue when I applied.

I second what poppy has said, definitely go for a MR. Usually the decision does stay the same, but occasionally they do overturn the original decision. If your local council has a welfare rights office, get in contact with them, I personally found them very reassuring and helpful in my council. Failing that, Citizens Advice I’ve found are also very good when it comes to MRs and I’ve heard their pretty good at helping with appeals.
    They/them/she/her pronouns please.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hello @Paulc94 we've had to remove the language you used as it's against our house rules, but I can understand why you're needing to vent and why you feel frustrated, this process is never easy at the best of times, let alone when you know things are wrong. You're certainly not alone in feeling this way.

I hope this community can help support you with your next steps. If you'd like to challenge the decision you can request an MR as Poppy has mentioned. Turn 2 Us has a great overview of how to do that, and how to challenge things further if that's unsuccessful.  

It can really help to talk about how you feel, so well done for joining and posting about this. If you'd like to have a look around the forum a bit more, I can recommend the Coffee Lounge for getting to know our members.

Let us know if we can help further at all, and keep us up to date with how things go. This news can be difficult to receive so make sure you take time to prioritise your mental health, and spend time with loved ones. Please ask if you need any support :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.