Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Jennyhouse1234! I've not received my £150 payment yet. When do you think I get it?

Options
Jennyhouse1234
Jennyhouse1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2022 in Cost of living
Hello am on esa and pip I've not received my disability living allowance from the government £150 I need to put electricity in my meter and getting very scared how low it is.when do you think I get it lease?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,448 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can be paid anytime from 20th September up to around the end of September. Going by many other threads on here, no one has received anything yet. No one can tell you when you will receive it.
    Do you have family or friends you can ask to borrow money from? If not then you can get a referral to a food bank as they also do electric vouchers. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/using-a-food-bank/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Jennyhouse1234 :) Thank you for joining us.

We've had many people post about this over the past couple of days. There do seem to be some delays, so you're not the only one experiencing this. I believe payments should hopefully be going out from next week.

Will you be able to cope in the meantime? I know these are worrying times. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    Options
    Hello am on esa and pip I've not received my disability living allowance from the government £150 I need to put electricity in my meter and getting very scared how low it is.when do you think I get it lease?
    Highly likely to be next week.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your insights with us @KerryBemmy. I can hear you are feeling scared @Jennyhouse1234.

Would anything help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are all here for you if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Rachel10876
    Rachel10876 Scope Member Posts: 81 Courageous
    Options
    Hey Jenny,
    Before receiving the payment I received a letter from my local Council with a link for that payment and a code pin you also had to put in.
    Have you tried ringing your local council offices and asking them because that’s where it comes from. 
    It’s also wrong that if you are working you do not get it . X
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hey Jenny,
    Before receiving the payment I received a letter from my local Council with a link for that payment and a code pin you also had to put in.
    Have you tried ringing your local council offices and asking them because that’s where it comes from. 
    It’s also wrong that if you are working you do not get it . X
    Jenny is talking about the £150 cost of living payment for those that claim a disability benefit. This will be paid anytime up to the beginning of next month. This is nothing to do with a local council. 

What you’re talking about here is the £150 council tax rebate, which is completely different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MJP88
    MJP88 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hello All,

It has come alight some people who are banking with Monzo get a notification a day earlier that they are expecting payment tomorrow.

So payments have started to trickle in as some people on Monzo are expecting payment tomorrow.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MJP88. What an insightful response you have provided us with! Thanks for all your help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • helper
    helper Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @MJP88. What an insightful response you have provided us with! Thanks for all your help  :)
    I found this on the Web This follows the government’s announcement on 20 September that those who had confirmed payment of their disability benefit for 25 May will receive the £150 automatically, with the vast majority to be paid by early October.

The vast majority of eligible claimants who were due to receive the one-off £150 payment from the DWP by early October have now had their payment processed.

The payment will help disabled people with the rising cost of living, acknowledging the higher costs they often face, such as for care and mobility needs.

• racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Options
    helper said:

The payment will help disabled people with the rising cost of living, acknowledging the higher costs they often face, such as for care and mobility needs.

Seems that the DWP are saying that the £150 is for the rising costs (care and/or mobility) that disabled people are finding.
    Does that mean that it should be spent on care and/or mobility issues? Last I heard that it can be spent on anything including a winter/summer holiday or even to cover the cost of booze or fags for a few weeks.

• poppy123456
    Options
    racyguy said:
    helper said:

Seems that the DWP are saying that the £150 is for the rising costs (care and/or mobility) that disabled people are finding.
    Does that mean that it should be spent on care and/or mobility issues? Last I heard that it can be spent on anything including a winter/summer holiday or even to cover the cost of booze or fags for a few weeks.

Haven't we discussed this on a previous thread? Just like all other benefits, you can spend the money on anything you want to, it's your money. Mine has been spent on my holiday abroad for next year. The same way the £324 will be spent.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    racyguy said: Seems that the DWP are saying that the £150 is for the rising costs (care and/or mobility) that disabled people are finding.
    We have discussed this before. Regardless of the reasoning behind benefits once the claimant is paid a benefit the claimant can use the money for whatever they want.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Rosienelly1
    Rosienelly1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Hi 
    I applied for pip beginning of may this year and was awarded pip in July but not had my £150 cost of living payment will this mean I’m not going to get one . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi 
    I applied for pip beginning of may this year and was awarded pip in July but not had my £150 cost of living payment will this mean I’m not going to get one . 
    No. There’s others who haven’t yet received it. You can report a missing payment here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment#report-a-missing-cost-of-living-payment
  • Rosienelly1
    Rosienelly1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    thank you poppy123456
    I shall wait and see I did follow the link but not sure how they get back to you x
  • Hannah86
    Hannah86 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @racyguy 🤦🏻‍♀️ what’s yours going on? What should the government of done exactly? Interview all those who were on disability benefits all over again to ask them what they planned on spending the extra money on?
    The £150 is an attempt to help those who may need it that little bit extra. I think disabled people and those on benefits face enough prejudice without having to face it from our own.

To anyone using it towards a holiday I hope you have a wonderful time!xxx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @racyguy a holiday can actually benefit a disabled person's condition 

Going to a warmer climate can help some conditions

You could also argue that it is going towards energy cost savings as they can turn everything off and at least escape the cold winter for a short time in a warmer climate 

Its everyone's personal choice what they spend their money on and they shouldn't be held to account for their own choices 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.