If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living payment

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
I know, I know. Another one of these threads, sorry!! Mine is a little different though and I feel bad asking as I know people are waiting on theirs but...

I received my £150 DCOL today but I have another £150 pending for tomorrow  :#

I don't know what to do about it because I can't call DWP. Any ideas??

I'm wondering if it's because of my renewal that they weirdly backdated has caused an error?? 

I hope everyone else receives theirs soon <3 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Assuming you don’t receive anyone else’s disability benefit in your account it’s most likely an error.

Via the COL Gov website:
    If you receive a Disability Cost of Living Payment, but we later find that you were not eligible for it, you may have to pay it back.

Tricky situation, I hope others can add.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,120 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It has to be an error so you will need to pay it back to them. They will likely contact you at some point in the future to ask you to repay it so keep it to one side if you can.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I don't think I explain myself very well :D 
    It's definitely an error and I'm fully prepared to pay it back and won't touch it. But because I can't call them to let them know, I'm really worried I'm going to get in trouble for it. 

If I messaged my bank do you think they'd decline the payment?? I don't know what else to do and don't want to get in trouble with them for not letting them know of the error
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,120 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You won't get into trouble. You have a health condition that prevents you from using the phone, so it's impossible for you to actually ring them.
    You could write a letter and send it to PIP and tell them that you've received 2 payments and could they tell you how you return the money back to them.
    I don't think your bank will just return the money but i could be wrong.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456, you were right about the bank, they didn't seem to understand what I was asking and said they couldn't help. I've put the money aside and just waiting for DWP to eventually notice and ask for it back! I've sent them an email to the DWP correspondence address so I can at least show I've tried to tell them. 
  • racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456, you were right about the bank, they didn't seem to understand what I was asking and said they couldn't help. I've put the money aside and just waiting for DWP to eventually notice and ask for it back! I've sent them an email to the DWP correspondence address so I can at least show I've tried to tell them. 
    If my experience goes by - they may never bother asking!

When claiming DLA for the first time in the late 90's I was awarded High Mobility and Care. A payment went into our account for just over £3000 being the back dated payment. A week later another £3000+ went into the account.
    Obviously, there was an error in making the payment twice. Despite letters to the DHSS/DWP informing them of their error nothing ever happened. To this day they have never asked for it back or even communicated with me. about it.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.