Would you want to be famous? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would you want to be famous?

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
Lets say you could pick what you'd be famous for, would you want to be famous? With people recognising you in the street etc?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
         Me neither  :/
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nice idea, but no not for me, my anxiety would be worse, i hardly go out as it is, being recognised in the street would be a nightmare
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,005 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, your life's not your own, can't do anything without it in the papers. Look at Phil and Holly being slated for que jumping. All that stress. 
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @biblioklept, great question but in my case there's a bit of a paradox! I don't particularly care for fame however I would like my artwork to be famous! I have invented a new style of art, which is original, innovative and unique, you will not find any other artist in the whole world doing this, obviously because I invented it. If I say so myself, it deserves to be famous because a lot of meticulous work goes into each canvas. Some canvasses have taken me years to complete, as of course my health conditions get in the way.

I would also like my short stories to be famous! And it wouldn't matter if no one could remember my name!!! 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,657 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not while I'm alive.  But I'd like to be one of those 'mysterious' skeletons dug up in a few hundred/thousand years time with archaeologists creating a whole backstory about my life and how my bones ended up there.  :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Also no here, I wouldn't want to be famous as it doesn't matter who you are or how much good you do, someone somewhere will be toxic towards you and make hateful comments about you. I'd like some of the stuff associated with fame (money, mostly, but also the feeling of achievement or that I have done something good or invented something) but not people recognising me.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Not for me - I don`t like being the centre of attention (I don`t even like being at the front of a queue).
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not my thing, suppose some people are made to be.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Gosh 100% not, I find it hard enough going for my medical appointments and having to sit in the waiting room.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The question is @Biblioklept how do the members of the forum know if someone is already famous mmmmmmm food for thought x
  • SueHeath
    Options
    The big question is @Biblioklept how do the members know if someone on the forum is not already famous mmmmm
    food for thought x
  • SueHeath
    Options
    The big question is @Biblioklept how do the members know if someone on the forum is not already famous mmmmm
    food for thought x
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath maybe not on here but I have heard lots of famous people post under random names online, probably the only bit of privacy they get!
  • SueHeath
    Options
    This is one of the gremlins l'm having @Teddybear12 it wouldn't let me post yesterday ha ha now there's three of me xx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @SueHeath maybe not on here but I have heard lots of famous people post under random names online, probably the only bit of privacy they get!
    you never know Mustang ha ha i could be Charlie - only playing you up ha ha xx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    This is one of the gremlins l'm having @Teddybear12 it wouldn't let me post yesterday ha ha now there's three of me xx
    Could we cope with three of you?  Ha ha xx
    Ha ha love it Teddy, don't know how i cope with myself sometimes ha ha xx
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Oxonlady said:
    Hi @biblioklept, great question but in my case there's a bit of a paradox! I don't particularly care for fame however I would like my artwork to be famous! I have invented a new style of art, which is original, innovative and unique, you will not find any other artist in the whole world doing this, obviously because I invented it. If I say so myself, it deserves to be famous because a lot of meticulous work goes into each canvas. Some canvasses have taken me years to complete, as of course my health conditions get in the way.

I would also like my short stories to be famous! And it wouldn't matter if no one could remember my name!!! 
    Do you ever share your art online? I totally get where you're coming from. I don't have any talents, especially art, but I'd love for something I've created to be famous, but not me!
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Not while I'm alive.  But I'd like to be one of those 'mysterious' skeletons dug up in a few hundred/thousand years time with archaeologists creating a whole backstory about my life and how my bones ended up there.  :)
    Morbid but totally made me laugh and relate. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Also no here, I wouldn't want to be famous as it doesn't matter who you are or how much good you do, someone somewhere will be toxic towards you and make hateful comments about you. I'd like some of the stuff associated with fame (money, mostly, but also the feeling of achievement or that I have done something good or invented something) but not people recognising me.
    I didn't even think of this part of it, I'd just hate the attention and being recognised and people pawing over my life, but the negativity and toxicity I know I couldn't handle!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.