Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Pip phone assessment

Options
Doglover2
Doglover2 Community member Posts: 49 Listener
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Well after an almost 7mth wait,with no correspondence from pip,and after a few phone calls and being told its with capita for paper based assessment,  I got a phone call out of the blue giving me three possible dates for my now PHONE assessment, so I have to do it this Saturday at 10.30am. Now I've never had this before where someone phones and asked what date suits,I'd a f2f first time and a letter sent out second time with details of an already booked phone time slot. 
Anyone know if this is a 'thing' to give a choice of times-dates,and I do wonder why it's gone from three different ppl telling me it's going to be paper based to now a call assessment. Two of the blokes I spoke to did ask if I would be OK to answer a few questions if called, I agreed,  but I didn't realise it was to be a full phone assessment as I know others who were called just to answer 4-5 questions at a random time,that's what I thought was happening to me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,362 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes they will ring to offer some time slots. The majority of people do have assessments so it's not unusual for you to need one of those. Paper based assessments are rare but they will do them if there's enough of evidence.
    Your assessment can last anywhere from 20-120 minutes, sometimes longer. If they are ringing on a mobile make sure your phone is fully charged. Have a drink next to you also helps. You can write some notes before the assessment takes place so you can refer back to. Some find this helpful but personally i don't.
    You can have someone with you during the assessment and put your phone on loud speaker. Once the report is returned to DWP a decision can take 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Doglover2
    Options
    @poppy123456,Yes I've had a phone assessment before,it was an hr and two mins long,I've asked for the assessment to be recorded.Oh I will def need a drink as I did before because I suffer from quick onset dry mouth as it is. 🙄 My sister will be here,we are also recording it on her mobile phone, I've already more evidence copied ready for an MR. As im sure its coming,Will ask for assessors report too probably mid week. Go over it and pick out any 'discrepancies ' etc. Then take it from there. 🤞

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,362 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you've asked for it to be recorded, if the assessor doesn't agree then the assessment will be cancelled until they find someone that agrees.
    Good luck and hope it goes well.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Doglover2
    Options
    Yes the lady I spoke to told me that on Monday. She said she put a 'note' on for the assessor to inform her I asked for a recorded assessment. But to remind her on Saturday.
    Here's hoping for a good outcome. Thank you. 
  • Doglover2
    Options
    Update.. had my pip assessment today, lady was a bit late phoning but not by much,I was on the phone 1hr22mins. I am exhausted.
    I tried to answer as honestly and with as much detail as I could.
    It was not easy going though, she seemed nice and very professional but rushed me a wee bit on a few questions.She sent me the link for the recording but so far no password, that was 5hrs ago,maybe it takes time. 
    Am I hopeful of a good outcome? yes! Am I convinced ?No! Probably because my last two pip assessments ended in tribunals.Oh well,no point jumping the gun, will wait and see how it goes.🙄
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done for getting through it @Doglover2! I'm glad it was okay, if a bit exhausting. 

Will you be able to do anything this evening and tomorrow to help you relax and unwind? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Doglover2
    Options
    @Tori_Scope Thank you, will just rest,I was already shattered before she started I'm just floored now.Still a worry though but the outcomes not in my hands, I've done the best most honest version I could give.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Absolutely, that's all you can do at this stage @doglover2 :) I hope that you get some good rest tonight. Look after yourself!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.