Eye eye — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Eye eye

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,718 Disability Gamechanger
Some of you will have read that I was having to all but stop posting as I'm having cataracts ops soon, the reason I've been able to post more is that I worked out that putting an eye patch over one eye I can see far better.

I'm back at the eye clinic on Monday for some reason as yet unknown the head of the clinic wants to see me.

Will update as and when.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m glad you found something that helps @woodbine

Hopefully the result of the appointment will be positive too. :)
  • woodbine
    Options
    @66Mustang cheers for that.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope the appointment goes okay @woodbine :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @woodbine, wishing you all the best, I'm in a similar position with cataracts.
    I hope the meeting on Monday will go well. Take care. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I’m glad your experiment worked @woodbine. I have a friend who made many small holes in sunglasses which he wears for reading, reckons it works well believe it or not. 😎

Good luck with the appointment.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck it maybe to measure you up for the lens they will be putting in 

If so it's nothing unpleasant 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,436 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck on monday
  • woodbine
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Good luck it maybe to measure you up for the lens they will be putting in 

If so it's nothing unpleasant 
    They did that on the first appt. will have to wait and find out on Monday now.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine How are you feeling at the moment about having to wait and find out on Monday? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us.

Wishing you the best of luck with this. Please feel free to let us know the outcome and how it goes for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow @woodbine x
  • woodbine
    Options
    @woodbine How are you feeling at the moment about having to wait and find out on Monday? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us.

Wishing you the best of luck with this. Please feel free to let us know the outcome and how it goes for you  :)
    Im ok thank you, will let everyone know how it goes, I know I'm fed up not getting out at all we planned to this morning but it wasn't to be, not used to being stuck at home.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will all be worth it after the surgery hope all goes well tomorrow 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    leeCal said:
    I’m glad your experiment worked @woodbine. I have a friend who made many small holes in sunglasses which he wears for reading, reckons it works well believe it or not. 😎

Good luck with the appointment.
    You can do the same with your hand.  If you curl your index finger to form a very small hole, that can help to read something that would otherwise be unreadable / blurred.  I do this now and again when I haven`t got my reading glasses on me.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really difficult @woodbine :( Hopefully, you will be able to get out more soon!
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.