Paid co-production opportunity (£15) for disabled young people + £50 raffle for a survey — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paid co-production opportunity (£15) for disabled young people + £50 raffle for a survey

Options
Giovanni_Scope
Giovanni_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 149 Pioneering
edited October 2022 in Community updates
As part of the membership relaunch, we are putting a particular focus on engaging young disabled people aged 18 to 27, since they are currently underrepresented in our membership.

Scope is offering a paid opportunity (£15) to any disabled person aged 18 to 27.

If you fit in this category (or if you know anyone who does), please keep reading. If you don't, please skip to the next section.

Paid co-production opportunity - £15 voucher reward

We are recruiting participants for a co-production online workshop on Monday 21 November from 6pm to 7.30pm. Participants will help us creating a new strategy to recruit and engage with young disabled members. Participants will get a certificate and a £15 voucher reward, to be spent in hundreds of stores, including Amazon, Argos and Asda.

Please fill out this registration form by Friday 28 October if you want to participate.

Online survey for anyone - complete it to get a chance to win £50!

Whether you are young or not so young, we would love to know what you think, and hear your ideas on how we can best engage young members.

Please complete this survey by 25 November to have your say.

By completing the survey, you will enter in a raffle to win a £50 voucher to be spent in hundreds of stores, including Amazon, Argos and Asda.

If you have any questions, I am here to help.

Thank you for your support,

Giovanni
Giovanni Gaetani (he/him)
Membership Programme Lead
Here East Press Centre, 14 East Bay Lane
E15 2GW, London (UK)

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All signed up! Thanks @Giovanni_Scope.

As @Giovanni_Scope said, if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are all here for each other  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • desai786
    desai786 Scope Member Posts: 27 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    I have three disabled girls and they would all love to join the online co production opportunity but have missed deadline
  • desai786
    desai786 Scope Member Posts: 27 Listener
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi thete
    please can you call to discuss further
    my number
    [Removed by moderator- personal information]
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 980 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello @desai786

We just want to let you know we’ve edited your comment because it contained personal information. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

All the best,

Alex

Online community team

• Giovanni_Scope
    Giovanni_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @desai786,

I received your email about the online event and replied earlier today.

Please reply to that email with you phone number and I will give you a call as soon as possible.

We can still enroll your daughters to both the social event and the online workshops.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you,

Giovanni
    Giovanni Gaetani (he/him)
    Membership Programme Lead
    Here East Press Centre, 14 East Bay Lane
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    Imagine Age concern  asking the same question...

Maybe a new socially inclusive built from the ground up alternative would be best  as the chances of this site engaging younger people is probably about zero.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tru88le Please feel free to share your thoughts about barriers to engaging a younger demographic via the Scope membership email: membership@scope.org.uk or the co-design survey. All viewpoints on how Scope could support more disabled young people are welcome. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.