56 Years go today — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

56 Years go today

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,765 Disability Gamechanger
116 children and 28 adults lost their lives in the Aberfan disaster, something that should never have happened, may they all be resting in peace. x
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd never heard of that so I looked it up and learnt something today, thanks @woodbine

Very sad
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    May they rest in peace.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,005 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes a very sad day at the time it happened. I think there was a documentary about it.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    I was 12 years old.
    I remember seeing about it on our black and white tv.

It was so upsetting and I can remember my Dad crying, which was something I'd never seen him do before. 

Remembering it still makes me cry. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really sad. I hope they are resting in peace. 

How is everyone else feeling about this at the moment? Please remember we are here for you and listening to you if anyone wishes to talk about this further  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.