Boris v Rishi ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Boris v Rishi ?

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,759 Disability Gamechanger
According to BBC sources both of them have more than 100 nominations, should they chose to enter the race to become the new Tory leader and PM.
Looks like no other potential candidates will get to the 100 nominations needed, so this could mean a run off vote (online) of party members and it has to be said that Boris is the more popular amongst the party nationwide.

So by Friday we could see Boris back in number 10 becoming PM, having only resigned on the 8th September.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Oh God.
    Have people really forgotten so quickly.

reminds me of “who are you going to believe, me , or your own eyes?” Groucho Marx.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    a gif of ron swanson from parks and recreation looking unimpressed
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Either of those
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really....interesting thread! Please feel free to continue this discussion and sharing your thoughts with each other  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't understand how Truss beat Sunak in the first place.  And now they're wanting Boris back!?  This has to be some sort of elaborate prank surely...

Of those two, I'm hoping Sunak wins, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we end up stuck with BJ again.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Boris caused nothing but chaos. They keep talking about him having the mandate of the British public because he was in charge when brexit was going on, but the people voted for brexit not particularly the Conservative party, they just trusted the conservatives more than Nigel Farage. He winged it then and he would wing it again. Chaos! 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.