What name would you pick? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What name would you pick?

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
If you had to change your real life name, what name would you pick??

I never felt my name suited me and always used an abbreviated version of it. 

If I picked a new name I'm torn whether I'd go really traditional to blend in or really out there and unique. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've often wished I had a more gender neutral name, so probably something along those lines! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wouldn't change my name it's what my patents gave to me 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    I wouldn't change my name it's what my patents gave to me 
    That's an interesting point. I probably would never change my name and because as difficult as my relationship with my parents is, it's something they (presumably) spent time picking out for me

But then I see the a lot of people argue that a name is a gift, if you didn't like another gift would you change it / return it / use it just because your parents gave it to you? 

That argument doesn't really work for me because I would :D 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Biblioklept same answer really I would never return or change any gift no matter who from unless it was faulty 

Someone has taken the time to select that gift I also would be upset if somebody did that with a gift I had bought them 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good question! As much as my name is a bit out there, it does kinda suit me and I can't picture myself as anything else but Cher. I do love the names Millie and Hannah though but more for a baby. Infact I was convinced I was having a Millie until the 20 week scan of the boy  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I love the name Millie @Cher_Scope

Glad it isn't just me @janer1967!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.