Do you answer trick or treaters? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you answer trick or treaters?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you plan to put decs up this year @Sandy_123? I am curious  :)
    No not this year, I did last year as we had a party at mine, disco light bulb and all. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,657 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Luckily my door isn't right on the public path so never had any Trick or Treaters here.  If it was, I'd just keep the lights off and curtains closed etc.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We don't have many people don't do it so much now its was in the news earlier a mother found a blade wrapped in toffee 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    Well I had a real laugh last night. The little monsters  darlings called between 5.30 and 7.30. They were very polite, and funny. They only took a small number of treats and had made a real effort. I thought this is good for the community as it brings people together in a happy and fun circumstance. I know lots of people who dislike Halloween, their main gripe being that it is an American import. (They don't gripe about McD's). However, I believe it was The British who took paganism to the U.S. so I guess they are just getting their own back!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks all for sharing your experiences with us. I found this thread really interesting and insightful.

If anyone else wishes to share their experiences please feel free to. Although Halloween has officially been, we are always interested in extending conversations if you wish  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.