If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can someone receiving a back payment of pip, still receive UC when over the 16K?

Options
jwalsh
jwalsh Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI 
can someone receiving a back payment of pip, still receive UC when over the 16K

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The PIP arrears will be ignored for 12 months.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jwalsh :) How are you doing today? 

I hope that calcotti's comment has helped you to understand that a little more. Please do let us know if there's anything you're still unsure about. 

If you're unsure about what counts as capital, you could look at getting professional advice. You can search for support in your area on advicelocal.uk

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • bigears
    bigears Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hello Every one, hope this is ok, i have dysexcutive brain disorder or organic brain disorder , major thyroid issues, hiatus hernia, lost 4 stone,  not left my bed since 2019 when all my illnesses become real intense, not feeling great but i manage, im 64, worked in security till 2016,then job seekers allowance, then UC, in  march 2023 pip renewal due, , march 2024 (12 months later,) I had an unannounced call from PIP  (assesment?)  lasted 20 mins my son took the call , 20 minutes after call i had text saying medical records have been uploaded and i will hear within 6 weeks   next day a letter come stating the same as yesterday, then couple days later another text saying they recieved my new information i will hear in 6 weeks, poss 4 weeks from phone assessment, i have a letter stating i have been awarded new enhanced rate,  and that a payment from 2 april  2024 to 29 april,  29 April 2024  will be put in my account tomorrow,   my concern is, the renewal was march 2023 i had all paper work in on time, so why do i only get from 3 weeks ago arrears,  the date was march 2023 it is not my fault that it took this long , if they had done it 6 weeks after the date i would have been getting the high rate from march 2023, x,,,, it seems to me they only started to look at my claim in march 24, but had it from march 23 the due date,  please i have gone without every thing, sold all deceased parents gifts gold valuables,  pay out every single penny every month, after bills paid left with about £50 for month, have dietry needs that had to go out the window that caused bigger issues with health,  can any one advise about the renewal date, and why i have not been offered the arrears, also going out and meeting people was awarded (12) points, but socializing (0) paying bills (0) my son has done all my banking for years? medication i cant manage, (0) points please any advise, THANKYOU, im not sure if i will know if i get any replys, all this media is a bit to much,,,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bigears said:
    Hello Every one, hope this is ok, i have dysexcutive brain disorder or organic brain disorder , major thyroid issues, hiatus hernia, lost 4 stone,  not left my bed since 2019 when all my illnesses become real intense, not feeling great but i manage, im 64, worked in security till 2016,then job seekers allowance, then UC, in  march 2023 pip renewal due, , march 2024 (12 months later,) I had an unannounced call from PIP  (assesment?)  lasted 20 mins my son took the call , 20 minutes after call i had text saying medical records have been uploaded and i will hear within 6 weeks   next day a letter come stating the same as yesterday, then couple days later another text saying they recieved my new information i will hear in 6 weeks, poss 4 weeks from phone assessment, i have a letter stating i have been awarded new enhanced rate,  and that a payment from 2 april  2024 to 29 april,  29 April 2024  will be put in my account tomorrow,   my concern is, the renewal was march 2023 i had all paper work in on time, so why do i only get from 3 weeks ago arrears,  the date was march 2023 it is not my fault that it took this long , if they had done it 6 weeks after the date i would have been getting the high rate from march 2023, x,,,, it seems to me they only started to look at my claim in march 24, but had it from march 23 the due date,  please i have gone without every thing, sold all deceased parents gifts gold valuables,  pay out every single penny every month, after bills paid left with about £50 for month, have dietry needs that had to go out the window that caused bigger issues with health,  can any one advise about the renewal date, and why i have not been offered the arrears, also going out and meeting people was awarded (12) points, but socializing (0) paying bills (0) my son has done all my banking for years? medication i cant manage, (0) points please any advise, THANKYOU, im not sure if i will know if i get any replys, all this media is a bit to much,,,
    Usually when it's a review started by DWP they don't usually award from an earlier date. However, due to the waiting times with review decisions a decision maker will use their own discretion and will sometimes (not always) award from an earlier date. Some are and some aren't. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.