Plantar fasciitis pain relief?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Plantar fasciitis pain relief??

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
Does anyone suffer with plantar fasciitis and if so do you have any pain relieving techniques??

I'm fairly sure I have it as everything I read about it describes the pain I'm experiencing in my foot and I just need some relief!!! 

Comments

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I did have it for a while in both feet.  Lasted about 6 months before it started to improve and now it only happens occasionally. 

I saw a physiotherapist about it because of the osteoarthritis in my knees at the same time.  He gave me some exercises to do. 

I remember one was rolling a tennis ball backwards and forwards on the floor with the bottom of my foot.

Another exercise was to strengthen my achilles tendon.

If you look on Google you should be able to find some exercises to help.

You should get it checked out by your doctor though.  In my case the underlying osteoarthritis in my feet and big toes was making the pain worse.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    However agree with ShirleyW to get advice from your GP if you can.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Thank you both so kindly @ShirleyW @chiarieds <3 I know I should see my GP but they stopped online bookings for appointments so even if I felt well enough to see them I couldn't do it now as I can't call to make an appointment. 
    The ball exercise helped so much with my foot, the relief especially when I put a bit of pressure down was insane!!! But I noticed I couldn't do a lot of the others because I've got a lump on back of heel above where it joins my foot to my leg and that area is so painful when flexing my foot up or even when it's at a right angle with my leg! It's only comfortable tiptoed or with feet pointed!! I'm falling apart  lol
  • ShirleyW
    Options
    Would it be possible to text or email your doctors to ask for an appointment?
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    They don't do text or anything like that and the last three emails I sent haven't had a reply  :/ But I will try again! I'm sure they'll just throw painkillers at me and even if they referred to physio it would be pointless as I couldn't reliably attend :D 
  • ShirleyW
    Options
    Do you have an online app for contacting your doctors' surgery?  I use Patient Access and you are able to send a message.  They have always replied to me when I've used it.  Just a thought.
  • ShirleyW
    Options
    I didn't find that painkillers were any good for it.  The physio and exercises were the only things which helped me.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    ShirleyW said:
    Do you have an online app for contacting your doctors' surgery?  I use Patient Access and you are able to send a message.  They have always replied to me when I've used it.  Just a thought.
    My surgery doesn't seem to have anything like that, stuck in the dark ages!! Lol But thank you <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no, dark ages surgery @Biblioklept. If we can do anything to support you please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • lellyann
    lellyann Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    I’ve  got relief by using a can of beans as I didn’t have a tennis ball. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.