Disabled means to me ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled means to me ?

Options
KVB111
KVB111 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Disabled means I have now been put in a box (yes a very big box but there we are ) I am 6 ft 3 inches and I have always helped and I always will help wherever I can , but it means that I am in a box and even though you cannot see my disability people who know me know that I am disabled.

I have just been so overwhelmed by this community on here that it certainly helps speaking with people on here who are in the same boat : so to speak:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad that you find it helpful to speak with people who can relate to your experiences @kvb111 :) That's what we're here for!

We've heard from some members that people with less visible conditions might experience being disabled differently to those with more visible conditions. Is that something that resonates with you?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.