Verification codes what a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Verification codes what a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
wendy41
wendy41 Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
I know everyone has to be careful with online purchases. I know security matters. But the stress I've had today is 'unreal' with 'verification codes' not coming through by text on my phone. Where I live I don't get any mobile signal ''indoors''. So this new ramp up on security with verification codes for online purchasing is a nightmare and pure 'migraine' stress. Had to contact my bank to explain what was happening and due to poor to non-existent signal I'm climbing the walls with this new security measure. However, the bank advisor was very helpful and resolved the matter for me. His patience was gold. So for anyone going through the same thing I'd contact your bank for an easier option. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,498 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad that you found a solution through ringing the bank @wendy41

There are often other two factor authentication methods available, such as using an app or an email address. Could you use another method in the future?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    yes where applicable I ask for email. Just that it's absolutely mind numbing at the ramp up of 2 step verification. Totally does my box in! 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hear you @wendy41 <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.