If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I live on a park home site. Is the site owner charging us too much for electricity?

Options
2»

Comments

• 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    yanni said:

,,,,,,ask the site owner to give you a copy of the bill and an explanation of how they calculated the electricity to be £1.09 per unit. 

I presume you mean a copy of the bill that was sent to the site owner?
    That will show the cost to him/her per unit. If this is what they say it is - £1.09 then you will just have to accept it. It is for the fuel company and the owner to negotiate - any resident cannot intervene in those negotiations simply because they (individually) do not have a contract with the fuel supplier.
  • Goforgold58
    Goforgold58 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    @2oldcodgers The site owner cannot charge more for electricity than they paid for it. The administrative costs of anything they do should be in the rent.

Swings and roundabouts then.
    Increase the rent slightly to cover any small additional management charges. 

Illegal to increase the Ground Rent other than by annual CPI for the relevant month which is what the fig is,  3 months prior to the month set for when increase comes into effect. 
  • Goforgold58
    Goforgold58 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    To be fair, I am ignorant to it too.. I have asked the question about the rate and I have received a letter saying that we are on a 2 year contract that expires October 2024. That is completely acceptable and understandable. However, I am still perplexed at the £1.9, it seems extortionate.  It is cheaper to use at night  on an economy type contract which is fine. I will come back to this later today as I have other things on but really - How can £1.9 be ok? Slight meltdown going on here! Thank you for your messages on this .. its a what to do next kind of thing 
    You are lawfully entitled to have a copy of the Electricity Contract and anyone who has a sub meter should also ensure they have a copy, whenever a Contract ends. To our cost our Committee at the time didn't see fit to request copies of the water bills/electricity contract. This is where "errors" can and did happen ...With perseverance PO's can be made to adhere to the Rules. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.