Help me achieve my goal ❤️ — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help me achieve my goal ❤️

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2022 in Coffee lounge
I set myself a rather unrealistic challenge this year of trying 52 new foods and I've only managed 3 (Jaffa Cakes, mozzarella sticks and a meal I bodged up from Hello Fresh).

I know I won't make it to 52 but need to make some progress and thought the best way would be trying sweets, snacks and treats that take no preparation, stuff you buy and can eat without cooking / chopping / mixing etc.

Part of the problem is I get choice paralysis and also the idea of trying new stuff is scary. Please help me by telling me some of your favourite treats and stuff!

It doesn't have to be weird or unusual, I've had a very very limited diet to date. Last year I tried skittles and brown bread for the first time. 

What are your go to treats? What do you love to eat???  <3

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Chocolate Tea Cakes for me @Biblioklept x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Maltese
    Choc brownie 
    Greek yoghurt with berries and granola 
    Shortbread 
    Jelly babies 
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    Salted Caramel Shortbread Squares

Vegetable samosa with tamarind sauce dip

Snack a jacks salt and vinegar rice cakes

I'm just going through my shopping list 😂
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Poached egg on toast with HP fruity sauce.

Carrot cake.

Rum truffles.

Roll in fried tattie scone,mushrooms and soft yolk fried egg 🍳

Tea and tea biscuits great for dunking in your tea, don't leave for too long or they plop in your cuppa.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Dried fruit, especially figs.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Dried mango, any flavour of crisps (there are usually some limited edition Christmas themed flavours around at this time of year), chocolate coated peanuts, grilled cheese sandwiches.... This is just a random list of foods that are on my mind :D 

You can buy snack boxes online that have snacks from different countries, which can be fun to try. My partner bought one of Japanese snacks a while ago. I appreciate they can be on the expensive side, though.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,952 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you can afford it there is a company called Graze that sends out snack boxes every week.

You get 4 random healthy snacks in a box and it comes through the letter box so is cheap for them to post and you don't have to wait in for it.

It used to be £3.99 a week but no doubt has gone up since I used it several years ago.
  • janer1967
    Options
    @66Mustang we used to send graze boxes to our employees that worked remotely as those in the office used to get fruit hampers delivered to their offices

They always went down well 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @janer1967 yes I really liked them, I only stopped getting them as I had them for about 3 years and the snacks got a bit samey, I will have to look again as they have probably changed a lot of the snacks now!! :)
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Chocolate Tea Cakes for me @Biblioklept x
    Is the centre of these sort of marshmallowy? They look it from photos
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    leeCal said:
    Dried fruit, especially figs.
    Other than raisins which I don't know if they count, I've never tried any dried fruit. What do figs taste like?? 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    If you can afford it there is a company called Graze that sends out snack boxes every week.

You get 4 random healthy snacks in a box and it comes through the letter box so is cheap for them to post and you don't have to wait in for it.

It used to be £3.99 a week but no doubt has gone up since I used it several years ago.
    They're £4.49 now so not too much of an increase, they're doing 50% off first box so I've ordered to give it a try!! <3 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Biblioklept thats great!! I hope you like it :)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,665 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you like a crunchy texture, try banana chips. 

If you're feeling very adventurous and want something a bit soft or with multiple textures, maybe try a Gu cheesecake.  They're not cheap but very convenient and there are plenty of flavour options to choose from.
  • Biblioklept
    Options

If you're feeling very adventurous and want something a bit soft or with multiple textures, maybe try a Gu cheesecake.  They're not cheap but very convenient and there are plenty of flavour options to choose from.
    I tried to find these but they only had a 'Gu chocolate middle' so I've added it to my order. They come in a box of two so I hope I like it!!! lol

Can you buy banana chips or do you make them? I couldn't find any when doing my online shop
  • janer1967
    Options
    Yes you can buy them usually with dried fruit section 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,800 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Chocolate 
    crisps 
    cake 
    fruit 
    carrot and cucumber sticks and humorous 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,665 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I tried to find these but they only had a 'Gu chocolate middle' so I've added it to my order. They come in a box of two so I hope I like it!!! lol

Can you buy banana chips or do you make them? I couldn't find any when doing my online shop
    Which supermarket do you use?  There are 19 options for Gu on the Tesco website.  Lemon, lime, strawberry, caramel, red velvet etc.  :)  I'm not a fan of chocolate so never tried the melting middles.  You'll have to let us know what they're like.

And as Jane says, banana chips come in a packet ready to eat.

Whitworths Banana Chips 175G

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.