If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have had my angiogram done

Options
Hi to all

I had local injected first.
I had my angiogram done it was eventful
when they put the catheter in got it so far up and had to stop I had pins n needles in my leg and they went numb.
Went a bit further up about 3/4 and had to stop again had heart tightness and pain and breathlessness so ended up having sedation and pain relife try again
They did get to the top and I had contrast dye no blockage so they said that it must be a problem inside my heart not outside of it also need to have breathing test and spirometery done aswell and go back for bloods today.

When they took the catheter out my wound 
bleed for 1 hour supposed to stop after 10 mins not good. So they had to hold for 1 hour I was surprised it took so long.

Sparklebright63.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Sparklebright63 does sound like quite a procedure but still glad you had it done, lets hope they get to the bottom of it all now. Thanks for the update, take care x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,504 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't sound as though it went as smoothly as you might have hoped, but well done for getting through it @Sparklebright63! You're far braver than me.

How are you feeling today?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi to all,

I feel ok apart from a lot of bruising and hurts when I walk but shouldn't last 2 long hopefully better by new year.
    I am pleased I don't have blocked arteries but what like to know what the problems R.

Sparklebright63
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright63 That sounds like such a kerfuffle, but I'm glad you got through it and happy you are pleased it wasn't blocked arteries. 

Are they able to move forward with your operation now they know it's not blocked or do they still need to determine what it is? 

Hopefully you'll have a lovely relaxing Christmas, be all better by New Years and then they can get you sorted :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hannah_scope

Still need to do further tests to find out the reason for my symptoms so proberlby won't find out while next year so will let you know when I know.

Been for blood test today.
    And I am expecting it to come back with a platelet problem how long it took me to stop bleeding.

Sparklebright63.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no @Sparklebright63. These things are, unfortunately, really time-consuming aren't they? 

Well done for going for your blood test. I know blood tests aren't pleasant but hopefully, it will highlight any problems and possible things to reduce/remove those problems.

Wishing you the best of luck with the results. Please feel free to let us know how this goes and if you need any support in the meantime, even if that's just a listening ear.

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.