What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.


kelmakelma Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am in constant pain all over with fybromyalgia I try to stay positive but it's hard waiting for my date for tribunal I feel as if no one will listen I was taken off esa an put on job seekers it made me ill I'm back on antidepressants pain relief had a massive melt down in docs so he signed me on the sick but the job centre has put me on sea again until it goes to court but on a lower payment my assessor lied an twisted everything I said I'm so fed up lost my husband mothering law sister in law an my father in law is not good all in two years an bloody dwp are putting me through this 


  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kelma and welcome

    Fibro is a condition that not many  people understand, some GP's still are cautious about the diagnosis.
    How long have you been waiting for tribunal date ?
    You can ring the tribunal clerk who might be able to give you the approx waiting times in your area.
    Do you also claim PIP ?

    Please come back with any questions or if you just want a listening ear we will be here

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lottieonlinelottieonline Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hello Kelma,
    im so sorry to hear about you losing benefits and the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia.
    i too suffer from this awful condition which as you know probably too well that, stress and upset makes this terrible painful condition worse. You need to find the telephone number of PIP which used to be DLA and ask them to send you the forms in the post.  From the date you request the forms is the day if you are passed to receive PIP will be backdated too.
    Complete the forms with the help of your local Citizens Advice Officer.
    They will then help you complete the forms with your help.
    A lot of the questions are repeated but in a different way of asking to confuse you.
    dont be alarmed by the amount of questions. They will help you
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger

    Claim by telephone or textphone

    Before you call, you’ll need:

    • your contact details, for example telephone number
    • your date of birth
    • your National Insurance number - this is on letters about tax, pensions and benefits
    • your bank or building society account number and sort code
    • your doctor or health worker’s name, address and telephone number
    • dates and addresses for any time you’ve spent abroad, in a care home or hospital

    You can then call the PIP claims line.

    DWP - PIP claims
    Telephone: 0800 917 2222
    Textphone: 0800 917 7777
    Calling from abroad: +44 191 218 7766
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

    Try taking the self test to get an idea of what is required



    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about your recent hardships, @kelma. I hope at the very least you can find comfort and support from other members of the community, and the advice provided in the above comments is very good and worth looking into. Let us know if we can assist you further, and I hope today is as kind as possible to you!
Sign in or join us to comment.