UTILITIES WHY SO COMPLICATED - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UTILITIES WHY SO COMPLICATED

Options
2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Every body hope your all OK.  I thought I would say about what is happening regarding my gripe over my bill.  For gas and electric.

So I have to change companies.  Getting a smart meter fitted with the new company.

Knew this was coming the final bill from the old company.  Just a warning to all out there who are thinking of changing.  Because I have the bill in front of me.  Amount  £180.76 in debt.  I went wow how did that happen.

According to my bank statement I pay £31 a month for both fuels.  Hang on I am going through this do not understand any of it all of it.

I realise have to pay £30 per fuel even so there are charges for everything and numbers I simply do not understand or how and why it is that.

Prices for unit price and standing charge what is that.  I can not believe any of this.  Warning then what is the point of having a bill if you are saying I pay this monthly but in reality paying this.

Rip off some one must do some thing.  I am telling you all now what the hell is going on.  I am sorry if I sound angry.  I am not debt not because of me because of them.  I will never ever understand any of this.

I will contact my MP no point contacting previous company.  Last time the woman I spoke to could not tell me anything.  Did not understand the bill and what I was talking about.  There must be laws to make bills clearer.

Only then will every one be happy.  I have no idea of clarity.  I am a disabled guy but my mental state is so over fraut with anxiety because I can not see where and how I am in debt.

Please I hope and pray that others are like me out here and  recognise how much they actually are paying.  I hope and pray smart meter works out.

So that is money I will have to find and anyway hardly spend anything treat wise on me.  Can not afford to.  Struggling with this mentally.  Snowing now had heating off from lunch time yesterday.  Small bungalow but ended up staying warm till about 4.30pm then back on couple hours.  Why today have to keep it on barely above freezing today.

Why in this country a constant battle with living just to heat a home.  Do we live in Rip Off Britain?  

Take care keep warm best wishes. 
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness