A little information — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A little information

Options
SugarCoated
SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
I had my pip forms sent out a week ago, went for my UC meeting with my work coach and she told me she put in a request for  WCA. My anxiety has been through the roof sincr seeing her last week. Went ti see my therapist and she said she would try giving me a letter.I  had contacted my MP about this issue a few weeks ago as I suffer from a skin disease that is progressive and no cure has been found and servere  anxiety. Well I got a call today from my MPs office and they discussed how they could help.
Not only will they try and get me a home assessment but they are going to help me fill in my forms. As I've still not been able to fill them in as it's so confusing. I hope they can help as I can't travel far from home with physical symptoms due to panic attacks. And my assessments are in the next town. So worrying about it. 

It's still not helping stress brings on flare ups and they make my depression worse.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     Well I got a call today from my MPs office and they discussed how they could help.
    Not only will they try and get me a home assessment but they are going to help me fill in my forms. As I've still not been able to fill them in as it's so confusing. I hope they can help as I can't travel far from home with physical symptoms due to panic attacks. And my assessments are in the next town. So worrying about it. 

It's still not helping stress brings on flare ups and they make my depression worse.
    Well to be honest I would be extremely thankful that your MP contacted you in the first place never mind offering to do what has been said they will arrange.
    When I completed my first ESA50 in 2009, it was a case of doing my best filling the form out without any help from anybody. I had to go into the city for the face to face assessment on my own and as I could not drive there had to catch two buses and then a taxi. The whole journey took just under two hours if you include having to wait for the bus connection and finding a taxi.

The assessment was awful and I had someone who could only speak with a very heavy Asian accent which I could not understand.

Take the offer up, most if not all people would jump at the chance for such help
  • SugarCoated
    SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    Yes I'm seeing them tomorrow morning I'm just relived their office is no more than 5 mins drive away and my husband cam take me. They were offering ways to help to ease my anxiety. Just glad I contacted them when I did I'm a mess right now with all the worrying .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.