guidance on "why am I appealing" — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

guidance on "why am I appealing"

Options
jacqui838
jacqui838 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
And I'm feeling so stressed. I have systemic lupus and fribromyalgia, PTSD. I receive standard rate on living allowance and mobility. I have been on this for 2 years. Unfortunately things got so bad last December I couldn't walk and was admitted to hospital. When I applied for pip and got it I was so grateful as I know it's very difficult to be awarded it first time round, and didn't want to risk appealing on mobility .I  applied for change of circumstances and since then it's been a nightmare. This has gone on for months. I gave them loads of medical evidence of changes. I'm now at the appeal stage to fill in the SSC1 form. 
I really need some guidance on the part of why am I appealing. And I have herd of people losing everything at the appeal so feeling a little frightened. My mum passed away a couple of months ago and helped me with all the forms and letters. If someone could help it would be very much appreciated. I have 2 weeks left to get it in on time. As I couldn't make my mind up ., through fear of losing everything. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jacqui836

Good Evening & Welcome.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

We have got lots of info here on pip.

There are many many members who are in similar situations as you find yourself.

Please please let me know if any of these would be helpful????
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi @jacqui838, and welcome!

I'm so sorry for your loss, and to hear that you're going through this process. Many of our community members have appealed DWP decisions and will hopefully be able to offer some guidance on filling in the form, but in the meantime this overview of the process may help to give you a better idea of how it all works. If you're still struggling, you may like to consider contacting your local CAB to see if they can help you?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.