Drop kerb's and mobility scooters — Scope | Disability forum

Drop kerb's and mobility scooters

I have a mobility scooter were I live is for over 55's and the kerb's are high to get on the road I have to go all the way to the end of the row of flats round the back of another row than on the road were the kerb as been damaged and flattened to come back up the road which as parked car's bad bend and car's seem to use it like a race track to go pass my flat to the shop and the same to come home (ok don't go out very often because of my spine) I am not the only one with a scooter.
The mobility shop were I brought my scooter said its the council's responsibility to put drop kerb's in.
The council said it's get nothing to do with them.
My brother said he's going to buy a bag of cement and watch the council get involved. 
Is there any help for people like myself ??


  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I beleive its the "highways dept"  you need to contact about a droped kerb
    Failing that your councillor should know a phone number.
    Failing that the bag of cement sounds a good way of getting the attension of the rigjt person 
  • puppy999
    puppy999 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi Misscleo ...The highway dept is the council and to be honest the women on the phone was very rude when I said that I had taped the conversion she hung up.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Have you tried the highways dept?
    If your not talking to the correct dept they usually divert you to the person who can help you.
    Mp is a good place to start