PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

Options
janejr
janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
Hi everyone I've been asked to fill in my PIP review form and I'm so scared of doing something wrong. I've recently been through the hell of an ESA review and won it with a MR. Now got to do it again with PIP. 

It asks about any changes and I have a few. Instead of having OA in just my knees and DDD in my back I now have OA in all my joints including my back and have had really painful sciatica for over a year plus planter fascitis. My medications have doubled. Life indeed is much more difficult not to mention the mental stress from being in pain. I'm waiting to see a physio for my back but still scared to fill in form as I'm thinking they will want to see me because of these changes.
The last time I had a face to face interview (for my ESA) only 6months ago I know how the assessors twist and change what you tell them. Tricky people and I feel that unwell I don't want another trauma  of  having to fight them again as I failed ESA and got it back with an MR
Do you think I should get help from  citizen's advice to fill this in. Has anyone gone through this recently and has their health condition got worse. Any hints on the best way to do this will be gratefully received

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,344 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When filling out that form you should put as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Remember PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you.

All PIP claims should be classed as a new claim by all claimants, even if it's a review. Don't be fooled by that shorter version form. Use extra sheets of paper too because there's never enough of space to put all the information.

Yes, you can ask an advice agency for help but the only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself. There's no specific wording you need to use, just tell it how it is.

Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them, whether there's changes or not. There's no timescales for waiting times, it depends on backlog in your area.

Any relevant evidence you have should be sent with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. If you need extra time to return it you can ring DWP and they will give you an extra 14 days. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.