Renewal assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Renewal assessments

Options
Alice_Holt
Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
It is my opinion that all benefit renewal assessments should stop (for the next 3 months they're still doing paper and telephone assessments), and no current award be ended. Given the current circumstances no PIP / DLA / AA claimant should face having this income ended. 
The healthcare professionals working for Maximus, Capita and Atos (IAS) conducting these assessments on behalf of the DWP can then be encouraged to return to the NHS during this national crisis.

If you agree please email / contact your MP.
https://members.parliament.uk/members/Commons

Also you may wish to contact your MP about the government providing emergency support to Charities helping vulnerable people during this time, (in the same way as it has for small and medium sized business).
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alice_Holt well said will email my MP tomorrow.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Having these assessors lapped health professionals? Brought back into the health care system somebody is having a laugh surely we wouldn't want these people working on busy NHS hospital wards. They earn more than nurse's and I don't think they could cope the hours, shifts, pay cut or the whole working environment. Complete change from their office hours work time now. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.