Why have I received a letter from DWP asking if I've been in hospital, and for my bank details? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why have I received a letter from DWP asking if I've been in hospital, and for my bank details?

Options
lindyloo42
lindyloo42 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi could anyone tell me why I’ve received a letter from dwp to ask if I’ve been in hospital and my bank account details? Am waiting on my pip getting back dated to me had the decision letter but not any letter to tell me how much am awarded. I had my tribunal on the 7 th of December decision letter on the 17th December, anyone know if this latest letter means am getting it soon? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    presuming the decision was in your favour In my opinion it sounds as though they are trying to calculate what they owe you, perhaps in backpay. Sounds like good news to me. You might check your bank just to see if they’ve paid it in yet.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• lindyloo42
    lindyloo42 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Ok thanks not paid in yet, and my decision was standard rate mobility ,so been waiting to hear since the 7th December , someone said 8 weeks at most .
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s because if you are in hospital for more than 28 days entitlement to payment of PIP is suspended until you are discharged. If you have stays in hospital separated by less than 28 days then the stays are linked and have to be added together. Days of admission and discharge do not count as days in hospital.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.