JSA claim closed without notice, had to claim UC. System error needs to be fixed before backpayment?
jsa claim was closed without any letters or anything left a month unaware I was asked to get a fit note to be placed on a 13 week lie down so this I did and backdated as the agent said then when I rang they told me claim was closed and I had a time limit to get the fit note this was not said to me at that time ,forced to claim universal credit from the beginning of the claim I was very much invisible ,sick note added a back payment refused lost rent council tax no benefit for 6 weeks left in debt ,mandatory decision took months I was totally ignored then when decision was made the date was that on the 28/01/2019 I asked for a reconsideration on a decision that was made on the 28/04/2019 ,how would I now the results 3 months before ,made to feel so useless , awarded LCWRA on 15 may2021 but now to get my back payment there are system errors that need to be corrected before this can be done what does that mean it’s all an absolute nightmare ,
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 659 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 926 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 587 Chronic pain and pain management
- 649 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.