Dwp changed their mind before apeal tribunal! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp changed their mind before apeal tribunal!

Options
sunny101
sunny101 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,

Just an update.

I put in a tribunal appeal less than 2 weeks ago (with an 11200 word letter explaining why i disagree, with detailed anecdotal evidence, with muliple real life examples)  because i was not awarded the standard daily living component on top of the standard mobility component i was awarded. To my surprise, yesterday i received a substantial  payment into my bank, and today recieved a letter from the dwp saying they changed the decision and awarded me the standard daily living on top of the already awarded mobility component, also increasing the award legnth by a year!. I did not have any correspondence with the dwp since i lodged my appeal, so was extremely suprised, but very happy and relieved.

I just wanted say a big thank you to everyone on here who gave advice and help, it was invaluable. In particular @poppy123456 and @Username_removed who never failed to give the best help,  advice and support. Also, a big thank you  to @Username_removed for always being straight forward and to the point, and making me realise where my weaknesses where, i did everything you and poppy suggested and was awarded without even going to tribunal!. I came on here extremely angry and annoyed,  thinking the dwp and atos just lied, however @Username_removed made realise they formed opinions, yes there was some untrue statements made, however the main flaw was on my part, in not going into enough detail, with detailed real world examples, i was just stating things i couldn't do without backing it up with evidence ,through detailed real life examples.

Again thank you everyone for you help. To anyone in a similar position,  do not give up, be sure to get advice and support from members on here, they really do know what they are talking about!.

Also is this normal? After explaining my awards , The letter states ' we have the right to take back any money we pay that you are not entitled to. This may be because of the way the payment system works. For example you may give us some information,  which means you are entitled to less money. Somtimes we may not be able to change the ammount we have already paid to you' ?

Finally the dwp stated that the decision was changed so the tribunal appeal will not continue,  do i have to do anything further? Regarding the tribunal or will it automatically be cancelled?.

Thank you.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sunny101 said:Also is this normal? After explaining my awards , The letter states ' we have the right to take back any money we pay that you are not entitled to. This may be because of the way the payment system works. For example you may give us some information,  which means you are entitled to less money. Somtimes we may not be able to change the ammount we have already paid to you' ?
    Normal, covering themselves.
    sunny101 said: Finally the dwp stated that the decision was changed so the tribunal appeal will not continue,  do i have to do anything further? Regarding the tribunal or will it automatically be cancelled?.
    You don't need to do anything. You will get a message from HMCTS advising you that the appeal has been lapsed.

Congratulations on your revised award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news!! Thanks for the kind words! Always happy to help, where i can.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.