How long does it usually take to get an award letter after winning a PIP Tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it usually take to get an award letter after winning a PIP Tribunal?

Options
wilber2505
wilber2505 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’m looking for a rough idea as to how long it usually takes for an award  letter from DWP after winning a tribunal appeal, I asked DWP for an MR after they only awarded standard daily care and 10 points for mobility. I got a letter to say that they would award enhanced daily living but kept me at 10 points for mobility so I appealed to the tribunal. It didn’t take long to get a tribunal hearing date so I sent an additional bit of evidence from my GP and DWP sent al letter to me and the court to say although the evidence is compelling they didn’t have time to do anything about it. At the hearing the judge was not happy with that response from DWP and told them they were wasting court time as they told him they will award enhanced on both. The other part was that the judge wasn’t happy with was DWP wanted to keep the original award dates which would have meant a review in 11 month, I think that has been extended to 7 years. DWP also wanted to only backdate the money they would owe until July but the judge questioned that as my claim goes back to November 2020, he then ordered it to be back dated to November. DWP are telling me I won’t get award letter for another 5-6 weeks, surely that can’t be right.
thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    After a Tribunal win it can take 2-8 weeks for your award to be put into payment and about the same to receive backdated money and this is in normal times.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.