Zopiclone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Zopiclone

Options
Agnia
Agnia Community member Posts: 920 Connected
Please could someone share their experience with zopiclone if found it helpful thank you 

Comments

• kreacher
    kreacher Community member Posts: 110 Courageous
    Options
    i take zopiclone if i have attacks, say i had a attack tonight, then the next night i would take a sleeping pill, the next night i won't take a pill, but if i have another attack i would take a pill, so every other night during an attack time, generally i will have a good nights sleep with a pill, sometimes a flare up will kick in. I have  had no side effects from them.  Always speak to your gp first before going on sleeping pills
  • kreacher
    kreacher Community member Posts: 110 Courageous
    Options
    i suffer from trigeminal neuralgia, should of mentioned that in previous post
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much kreacher for writing to me about it 
  • Annieanxious
    Annieanxious Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    It does work but can be addictive. Dr's are only mean't to prescribe it for short term use to avoid addiction.

I am insomniac and and have very bad nightmares and have been on them every night for about 10 years!
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much  Annieanxious for writing about it 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 581 Pioneering
    Options
    I get given zopiclone for short periods sometimes when I struggle to sleep, as when my mental health starts to decline one of the biggest tell tale signs is I stay awake all night and start to have like 3 hours sleep a day. They only ever give it me in short bursts though so like 3 tablets for 3 days and then try without them as been told they are very addictive but they do work and knock me out. I just don't like them very much as I like to get up early in the morning and hate staying in bed for too long and with them I struggle to get up again in the morning.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much rubin16 for writing about it 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    I have been on them since 1997 and seem to have no adverse reaction. I am given 14 a month, except when I am in hospital when the docs there give me one every night. This includes a 3 month stay.

My insomnia is caused by environmental issues (pollution) and when I go somewhere where the air is reasonably good I sleep well and don't take them, so flying in the face of doctors wisdom for me, at least, they are not addictive.

@rubin16 I am sorry they have an adverse affect on your ability to feel lively in the morning; it isn't a problem for me. If you are not on the lowest dose maybe think of cutting down?
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much Steve in The City for writing about it 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi , im suffering from insomnia im not able to sleep at night at all 
    i took one tablet last night and helped me 
    but the doctor gave me only 7 tablets 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good afternoon @Agnia, I'm glad to read the tablet helped you last night. Hopefully you'll find sleep comes a little easier tonight too :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you Adrian 
    they helped a bit 
    the doctor said i can take two 
    the one tablet has 7,5 mg 
    i have only 6 left without them im not able to sleep at all completely no sleep at all 

• Annieanxious
    Options
    Are you taking two 7.5mg a night? That seems a high dose. 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Yes Annie 
    the doctor said that i can take 2 tablets at night im not able to sleep at all the one tablet has 7,5 mg  im feeling really anxious and fearful  im not coping with anxiety 

• Annieanxious
    Options
    I hope the doctor is going to follow up with you. I too suffer anxiety and it is all consuming. I hope you find some peace soon.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you Annie 
    im not coping at all 
  • Annieanxious
    Options
  • Agnia
    Options
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    @Agnia I am not a doctor and I am not allowed to give any medical advice, so this is just a personal opinion: I think 2 X 7.5mg Zop is a tad excessive. I once took 2 and didn't feel at all well afterwards and I am used to this drug. Maybe ask your doctor why s/he said take 2?
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Steve 
    i just took one tablet  an hour ago and i cannot sleep at all 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.